• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Struggling help

fatnomoreclo

Hello all, I'm almost 7 weeks post op & on mashed up/soft food stage & really struggling on what to eat! I've been told by my surgical team no carbs, I have tried Eggs a Few times & they just get stuck I'm bored of soup, mashed veg & cheese triangles any help? As I'd love more of a meal thanks clo x x

i hated that part more than any other , i was so glad when i came out of it but now there's a lot of things i can't stand because i got so fed up of them :( and i know you asked for help but all i could do was struggle through it so can't help :( i did enjoy corned beef hash though and mince and mash but not every bloody day :)

Well thank you anyway I know I have now gone off everything I'm allowed :( can't even have mash because not allowed carbs pain in the bum! Thanks again xxx

Try mashed swede and carrot, cottage pie, fish pie all nice and soft if the potato is a problem top them with the mashed carrot/swede, tuna in very light mayo, low fat pate, hope that helps xxx

Mashed butternut squash is an excellent potato substitute. Delicious with some garlic powder seasoning. Gorgeous dry-roasted when you move off purees.

some good ideas there :) pate and smooth peanut butter are two of the things i can't stand now as i had them so often :)

Cauliflower cheese,scrambled eggs with cheese and beans,plaice or sole(very soft)with cheese sauce.Semolina,sago pudding.

im on soft food stage, 10 weeks post op... but im allowed to have carbs... but i have eggs, tinne meatballs, quorn meatballs which i cook with tinned tomatoes and herbs and mustard.
i recently made a curry which was tin of tomatoes, tin green beans, carrots, half chopped onion, teaspoon meduim curry powder, mixed herbs and salt and pepper x

Thank you ladies will try it all, I know the no carbs thing is driving me crazy lol I've never craved spaghetti hoops so much clo xx

All it says on my sheet is you get the carbs from the fruit & veg that I eat! Really I'm not telling fibs! I think I might give eggs one last try & see how I get on. Thank you xxx

Back