• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Start of weight loss journey waiting for op

Hi all and first of all well done to you all I have only just had my first appointment with dr heartland who is lovely and he said he has no problem putting me forward for surgery have to do some pre op
Preparation he called it first trying to loose a bit of weight myself which is hard going as most of you probably remember he has started me on orlistat now and have to see him again in December to see if any progress not sure how long the wait for a operation will be after that any info will be great fully received bit nervous but looking forward to getting my life back after surgery how much have people lost and over what period of time plz and did anyone have a problem with a lot of excess skin afterwards as I have probably about 8/9 stone to loose thanks for any info x

Hello and welcome

You've come to right please for info and support. There are plenty of people who have lost way more than you need to succesfully, along with some, like me, who don't have as much to lose.

Loose skin can be a problem and some people decide to go for further surgery.

What you will soon see though is that each journey is different, all the best for yours! xx

Hello and welcome

You've come to right please for info and support. There are plenty of people who have lost way more than you need to succesfully, along with some, like me, who don't have as much to lose.

Loose skin can be a problem and some people decide to go for further surgery.

What you will soon see though is that each journey is different, all the best for yours! xx
Thankyou and well done on your successful weight loss

Hello and welcome.

I need to lose more than you -- much more in fact. I only had my op last week but have already lost some as I had a balloon, too. No excess skin yet as it's still filled with fat, but I know I'll have loads. But I'm okay with that.

Hello and welcome.

I need to lose more than you -- much more in fact. I only had my op last week but have already lost some as I had a balloon, too. No excess skin yet as it's still filled with fat, but I know I'll have loads. But I'm okay with that.
Thanks for the reply and well done on your loss already how u feeling now a week on from your op x

Thanks for the reply and well done on your loss already how u feeling now a week on from your op x

Thank you.
I'm feeling okay. Pain is almost gone unless I move in a way my stomach doesn't like and I'm managing food and drink, though in very tiny portions. The tiredness is a killer, though. I didn't expect how exhausted I'd be. Saying that, that is getting a bit better and I don't regret having the op for a second.

Thank you.
I'm feeling okay. Pain is almost gone unless I move in a way my stomach doesn't like and I'm managing food and drink, though in very tiny portions. The tiredness is a killer, though. I didn't expect how exhausted I'd be. Saying that, that is getting a bit better and I don't regret having the op for a second.
That's brilliant to hear u don't regret the operation at all and u r learning what u can and can't have hope u don't mind me asking but did they mention how long u have to stay off work for after the operation thanks x

hope u don't mind me asking but did they mention how long u have to stay off work for after the operation thanks

I don't mind at all. Personally I don't work, but they gave the ladies who had their ops the same time as me a note for four weeks off. The doctor said that even if they did feel okay in themselves they had to remember their insides were healing so it was best to rest up for that time.

Back