• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The start of my story!

Lilianna

Double Century Club
Hi everyone,
I have been big for quite a while now, see I can't even admit it on paper ok so I am categorised as morbidly obese. Problem is I have been fooling myself for some time now as to just how 'big' I am!
I have never let my weight get in the way of enjoying myself. Over last winter tho had been put onto inhalers for a cough and so had a lung function test for which I had to stand on the dreaded scales. (I'm hoping that they were not needed for sometime after cause the hand nearly pinged of the end!!!)
But anyway that was the start. The usual talk and a rake of bloods later only to find out, surprise surprise, my blood sugars are slightly high.
So had my appointment with the gp who first words were 'so why are you a diabetic'!!!'
With utter shock I answered to him it may be something to do with the size I am. But he said tell my about your family history? To which I replied there isn't any!!! So his thought is that there is something genetic causing this. After getting a prescription for meds to help lower blood sugar levels, his advice was the only permanent solution to the problems was wls, so here I am!!
Of course there is no funding at the moment in Northern Ireland so I would have to find the funding myself!
He has currently sent nine patients for surgery and said he could put me in touch with anyone of them. But opted to research first before taking that step. He mentioned a surgeon called 'Dellamans' does anyone know him?!

Hi and Welcome, sorry I cant help you either xx

Back