• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Started the dreaded milk diet today..........

Thanks Karma hope you are well and notice you have dropped 10lb well done

Jay xx

Well day 6 and I felt rubbish yesterday mostly the sickness I felt from the milk, no headaches or that. Feel okay today.
Decided I would phone the dietician today as she had said not to hesitate if there was a problem.
She thought maybe I was constipated and that was why my stomach was sickly and I was burping all the time. I am taking fybogel, but usually take fybogel with meberverine, but thought that might be too much on just milk, but she said to go back on that and see if it helped, so said I would.
She said there were packets they did but milk based and that it didnt fit my prescription, whatever that meant.
She suggested all the usual then said had I tried slim fast, I said no, she said I could substitute one of the pints of milk for a shake or soup, although she said she didnt think they did soup anymore.
I said there may be a problem with the flavour shakes but I would try it and see how it went.
She said if I continued to have probs then I would have to go in and see them and they would have to do a low cal diet, but she didnt sound happy about that and I didnt want her to think I was failing, and said I would see how I went.
To cut long story short, I eventually got some of the new slim fast smoothies, I put one in the freezer for 40mins and had that at lunch time and that wasnt too bad, dont know I could drink it every day, but it is something that at least I can intersperse with the milk.
I was sad they didnt do the soup, but surely any low cal soup like WW or homemade soup, as I always do in the winter, would do.
I felt confused that I had to struggle on this when there must be other options, I think the bottom line is the commitment thing, I assured her I did want to keep trying, had just wanted help if there was any other alternatives.
I told her I had lost 8lbs since Thursday and she said I would if I wasnt having all the diet and then I would end up malnourished, hey ho, wasnt getting into anything with her, so thanked her and left it at that.
So will continue and give it my best shot.

Jay xx

Hi jay, malnourished!! My god!! I had better start drinking all my milk (4 pints a day)!!!!!!!!!!!! Perhaps thats why i'm always sleepy.
She seemed a bit off with you. 8lbs is a great loss,well done.
I think if things get to bad for you, and you can have a slimfast soup, then 1 cup of ww soup won't hurt.
"well done jay"

Hi Sue I know I need to take in what they prescribe but I have found it difficult. You are right you will be sleepy if you are not having all your diet especially working.
They dont do slim fast soups anymore, so got the smoothie as she suggested and substituted that for a pint. I put it in the freezer for 45 mins and it was really nice, didnt get that want to throw up feeling I usually get with flavoured milks and shakes.
Something for you to think about. My hubby was a bit upset that she was a bit off with me, he says quite rightly they are there to support you and you were doing the right thing ringing and being honest with her. Anyway not to worry, wont be ringing again, dont want to be labelled a failure.............you know what its like.
How are you doing?? Must ring you this week so will stop gabbing now. lol

Jay xx

Tomorrow will be the first week finished of the diet, one down three to go.
Feeling better today stomach more settled and mouth not feeling as bad.
Still not opened my bowels but took my fybogel and mebeverine yesterday so something should happen soon. Have only been twice since last Thursday.

Jay xx

hi jay, i'm sitting here drinking my oxo. today is only the 2nd day i felt hungery, the first was at the begining of the diet. i do go every day, but only just!!!(you know what i mean).
your husband is right,you where doing the right thing, she said to me any probs just phone.
good luck with fybogel.
looking forward to talking at the weekend. sue

Back