• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Started the dreaded milk diet today..........

Sorry to hear they are making you jump through so many hoops. I am sure you are going to do it without to much problem.

And when people say this is the easy way to weight loss you will have a list of reasons why it isn't...:D

Well 4th day today and I just have to keep the end goal in sight as this is tough.
Bonita the hospital have a Sanatogen Gold A-Z Vit built into the diet so dont worry lol, but thanks for caring.
I spoke to soonslimsue on Sat and that helped too as Sue is also enduring at the moment.
I am chewing my chuggie as we speak but its not something I really enjoy as it gives me wind lol.
I am struggling to get all the fluids in I try hard but I am honestly not hungry and find it hard to have it all, havent managed it yet.
Also felt a bit queasy last night between milk jelly and oxo, and a bit headachey this am but that has passed, lots of water.
Some smells make me 'want' from time to time but I know I dont need, so battle on.
So guys your support is important as it is flippin hard and Iknow I would be much more enthusiastic if I wasnt on it so long, but ce la vie, just have to get on with it.
Thanks for all your kind words

Jay xx

Good luck on your pre-op diet....It might be tough but that will only make the post op diet all the more delicious with the added bonus of losing pounds.

(((hugs)))

Good luck!! xx

Good luck on the diet. I know another person from L&D who had to do this diet for 6 weeks but she shed some fantastic weight.

Hi, i'm on day 6 of this diet and although i'm not hungry, i felt dizzy and sleepy (sounds like the 7 dwarfs) most of today.
I can't manage all my milk!! But i have lost 7lbs.
1 week down and 3 to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"we'll get there jan, then it will be like winning the lotto"
back to work tomorrow, its easyer there.

Hi, i'm on day 6 of this diet and although i'm not hungry, i felt dizzy and sleepy (sounds like the 7 dwarfs) most of today.
I can't manage all my milk!! But i have lost 7lbs.
1 week down and 3 to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"we'll get there jan, then it will be like winning the lotto"
back to work tomorrow, its easyer there.

Well done on your 7 lb loss. That is great. Good luck with next week.

Stupid question time, but please don't shoot me :confused:

I notice that some (but not all) of the milk diets I have read allow you to have some sugar free drinks (nas squash or diet coke etc). Does this mean you could have something added to your milk?

I notice that Crusha do a nas milk shake syrup - thinking this could make the milk a bit more palatable - or am I being stupid?

love

TillyBob

Whe I was on the milk pre op diet I added crusha to mine (make sure its NAS as the bottles look similar :eek:)

Stupid question time, but please don't shoot me :confused:

I notice that some (but not all) of the milk diets I have read allow you to have some sugar free drinks (nas squash or diet coke etc). Does this mean you could have something added to your milk?

HI YOU CAN ADD VANILLA ESCENCE, BUT I HAVE COFFEE IN MINE, WE'R ALLOWED TEA AND COFFEE.

1 SPOON COFFEE
SWEETNER TO TASTE
SMALL AMOUNT BOILING WATER
WHEN COLD ADD IT TO 1 CUP COLD MILK (STILL IN THE BOTTLE)
SHAKE AND SERVE

AND IT TASTES WONDERFUL

Tillybob I dont like flavoured drinks shakes squash etc, so cannot do that myself, would make me sicker than I feel at times.
I dont know about the crusha as on our milk diet we cannot have anything with any fruit juice added, sucrose or sachirin so we have to be careful I found with the jellies alot of them had sucrose or fruit juice in so they were a no go
Thanks for your support

Jay xx

Well day 5 and am not hungry at all but my mouthfeels like the bottom of a bird cage, and I am burping and rumbling for england, scotland, ireland, and wales lol
Maybe I am starting to settle to it.
Your drinks sound good Sue but I dont drink coffee so cant do that either
Like sue I am not getting three pints a day in or 2 pints extra fluid and having to leave the jelly at present as is making me feel very sick.
However must keep going!!!!

Jay xx

I did alsorts to flavour my milk when on the pre-op diet for so darn long. One of my favourites was to warm the milk through with a couple of Carddamon pods then add some sweetners. Also did this with Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Coffee and Vanilla. I found that warm milk kept me fuller longer then cold milk.

On the other hand I also liked to freeze either straight milk or Vanilla flavoured milk into the lolly moulds and get it that way.

Occasionally I mixed my one yoghurt and the milk together.

So sorry you are finding it difficult at the moment x

i can't gie any helpful advice by if you ever fancy a moan/chat just give me a call x

Back