• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stew or whatever you wanna call it?

Raynebubble

well ive brought some diced beef, some chopped swede and carrots and some chopped onion from asda... how lazy am i !!

ive got some tinned tomatoes, stock cubes and herbs... so just thought i would share with you... im gonna cook a stew :)..and ive brought some more plastic tubs so i can freeze some.

there just thought i would share my news with you xxx :)

I love stews especially when the weather is colder. As always though for you post oppers early out eat the meat first then if you have room go for the veggies and leave any potatoes until the very end

Oh I loveeeee stews. I love my slow cooker to bung it all in and leave to stew all day so when I get home from work it's all steaming away and the house smells of gorgeousness. You enjoy it Rayne.

Kate x

Mrs Quiggle said:
Oh I loveeeee stews. I love my slow cooker to bung it all in and leave to stew all day so when I get home from work it's all steaming away and the house smells of gorgeousness. You enjoy it Rayne.

Kate x

My slow cooker is my best friend,as makes meats really soft to eat x

ive not got a slow cooker, so im gonna cook the beef first then just bung it on all in my big pan and let it simmer away... wont put any potatos in Karlos... i might have a bit of mash with it, then if i dont get round to eating that bit it doesnt matter. Was gonna make it today but popped out to a friends.. so im gonna make it tmro now... i will let you know how it is lol xx ive got aunt bessies dumplins in the freezer from before op.... but not sure if i can have one o half... does anyone know?? lol

I dont no I'm scared of trying dumpling case they go down well, I love them so much I could live on them well not now but before op i could of ha the longer I can go without the better. if u were to try just try like a meatball size amount xx

Rayne, try to get yourself a slow cooker, they are worth their weight in gold. You can make soups, roasts! yes roasts! and stews etc. I got mine from tesco for something like £10. I use it all the time. But please remember what Karlos said. Eat your meat first!! always!! It is the bypassers best rule, that and the water rule.
Lynne xx

ive not got a slow cooker, so im gonna cook the beef first then just bung it on all in my big pan and let it simmer away... wont put any potatos in Karlos... i might have a bit of mash with it, then if i dont get round to eating that bit it doesnt matter. Was gonna make it today but popped out to a friends.. so im gonna make it tmro now... i will let you know how it is lol xx ive got aunt bessies dumplins in the freezer from before op.... but not sure if i can have one o half... does anyone know?? lol

Well dumplings are nearly all fat and flour aren't they? I reckon they'd be slippery enough to go down OK if well chewed, but just because you can manage them doesn't mean you should :D:D:D

Thankyou Lynn... i think i will invest in one especially as i am hopefully going back to work next week... i only work until 1pm but it see a good idea lol.
ive only been on soft foods a few days... so i think i will wait until nearer the normal diet stage before i try a dumpling lol... as Karlos says... i should really be concentrating on the protein.. i might add a bit of ham to the stew aswell and maybe a spoonfull of marvel lol

Well dumplings are nearly all fat and flour aren't they? I reckon they'd be slippery enough to go down OK if well chewed, but just because you can manage them doesn't mean you should :D:D:D

haha Karlos i put my post down before i see this.... im gonna not bother with the dumplin... i can do without it xx

Yeah, don't do dumplings, they fill your tummy, just imagine it all puffed up inside your precious new pouch. Not a good image! I hate feeling full.
I'm not saying you shouldn't enjoy your food, you should, but enjoy food that is good for you. You're a smasher !!
Lynne x

Thankyou.... im not doing the dumplings lol... ive just texted a friend and said she can have them xxx in fact i might have to have a freezer food giveaway... i have no idea what is in my freezer... apart from i do know i have about 60 ice lollies which my daughter never eats and im so not gonna be having... gonna make my own ones in the summer xx ooh and two tubs of ice cream!!

Well done on the freezer give away idea. Later when you're eating more try making your own dumplings if you fancy them but use vegetable suet rather than the normal beef suet. Still fatty but no where near as bad. 1 batch should freeze down to give you loads to add to the stews as you feel like one.
Slow cookers are a great investment got mine for £10 in the summer from tesco when they had an offer on. I switch mine on low before I go to work & by tea time when I get in the house smells beautiful & the stew tastes delicious. For a quicker result use the high setting so even coming in at 1pm you could have a great meal by tea time, while you put your feet up or do all those other jobs that shout at us working mums as soon as we get home.

ok im gonna get one lol xxx

Ladies have you ever cooked a joint of beef in them?! I've only ever done stews but thought might be healthier to try my joint in it?

Back