• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Still no loss!!!1

thinkbethin

Well still no loss for me:(. I really want to get back on track but with the luck I'm having lately I doubt I ever will.
As most of you know i had a little bit of a funny do after my op. The results to that came in october when they found a pea sized tumour on my brain which was causing the headaches and the blurry sight. Well I'm pleased to say I got that sorted. Then my mother was diagnosed with cancer of the womb so had to have a hysterectomy on the 16 of december. Her heart and kidneys started failing during the op but she pulled through and was dis-charged last week. While my mum was in hospital I was admitted with a severe asthma attack and spent 3 days in hdu.1 week later my hubby was admitted with pneumonia. After being home for 5 days he was re-admitted with breathing difficulties only to find out through more tests that he actually has emphazemia. I've fallen of the wagon so to speak due to all this stress. I can't get any solids down without being sick and suffering tremendous pain so I've been having slider foods and crap ones at that. I'm just waiting now for something else to go wrong to knock me back again.
Any help and advice would really be appreciated right now on how to get back on track so the weight loss will kick in again. xxxxxx

Sorry for the moanxx

You moan away lady x you have had loads on and at the end of the day you are human after all x have you been back in touch with yiur team as regards to you only being able to have slider foods? and being in so much pain? surley this is the route of why you can not get back on track, with this sorted you will be able to go back to 3 filling meals again and leave the slider foods alone , i feel for you hun but you must get the pain and sickness sorted soon as you dont want to end up ill again x x

Awww hunny, i have no idea how to help you, but just wanted to say, you can moan all you like, you have all the right in the world to feel crap!

& i suppose the stress your under, has got your body in lock down.. take your time in finding out whats comfortable for you to eat and start at the basics..

Other than that.. i havent a clue, but you'll get there.. hang in!
x

hi there,

so sorry to hear of all your troubles, what a rough ride. some of the stress may have caused the tightness but it sounds like you have a band that is way too tight.

mynewlife had a similar problem and she had to have a defill.

A band doesn't work if its too tight and some people gain xx

big hugs hun. i know its so hard,try to relax the food issue is stress and will get better. big hugs to all your family xxxx

Hi Gaynor

First of all heres a hug:hug99: Im so sorry you have had such a tough time and no doubt the stress and upset will have contributed to your eating patterns, also the tightness of your band.

I know that you had problems before eating but I seem to remember you had a small defill? was everything ok after that? If it was maybe going back to liquids then sloppies etc might ease you back into solid food. Check with your team first but I hope you get sorted soon x x x

Can't help with band ideas but just wanted to say sorry you have had a rough ride and hope things get better for you very soon.

Cuppa xx

Oh gaynor i would like to send you a massive hug, some people really do get dealt a bad hand. I must admit i can understand you eating slider foods especially if your getting so much pain, i know you must be sick of hospitals but i really think you should get in touch with your team you shouldnt be going through this without help, take care xxx

So sorry to hear about the difficult times you have had over the last few months. I just want to send you a big (((Hug))). Hope your eating settles down again soon.

Thankyou allxxxx
Caz and Mazza I did have a defill because I could'nt get anything down and things did settle abit but the weight loss has been a nono since way before the defill. I had the defill to start the loss agian but still nothing. Do any of you think my band could have slipped due to all the vomiting?? I have an appointment on the 18th of feb so I'm going to ask for an x-ray to check the position. Hopefully I'll getr some answers. Thanks for all your hugs, I knew you'd make me feel betterxxxxx

Gaynor, So sorry to hear about all health problems and also all the close familys health. WoW ,no wonder falling off the wagon became a problem.

Hopefully every one is on the mend,but you have to get to the cause of your physical problems and worry about losing weight later.

Can you try to maintain as a goal because it seems this at the moment is out of your hands?

If you have to have slider foods try to eat healthy soups, oats,broths etc then at least you are making the best choices at this difficult,turbulent time.

Expect things to improve and get better, give yourself a pat on the back for holding it all together, Best of luck and just for today get back to healthy eating and same tommorrow.

Lots of good wishes for you and Family............Mia

Luckily I have'nt gained any weight its the not losing thats the problem. I see the dietician on the 18th so I think she will kick my ass into gear lol. That lady does know how to make the guilt hit you like a smack in the face hahaxx

Sorry you've been having such a rough time of it hun, and hope the dietician sorts it out for you:(:(

hey, I am so sorry to hear about all the crap your having to deal with!

its good that your seeing the drs in feb, fingers crossed they will be able to help get the loss moving again.

at least your not putting on weight, with you would have if you didnt have the band, given all the stress of late, so thats a small blessing.

I have my fingers crossed for you, and you have my number if you ever need anything, im sorry im not around more on here :(

.x.

Hi Gaynor,

Sorry to hear about the way things have been for you but
i know you are a strong willed person and you will get through what life throws at you.:) .

As for the stalling on your weight loss,i think you have reached a plateau but i am sure after you have got your head around everything that has happened recently the weight will start coming off again,and you havent put any on which is all good :).

Take care and a big xtra special hug to you and Terry.

You have my number if you ever want to talk,not like we ever spent much time on the phone ;).

xxx

Hi Gaynor
i just had to write after reading your post , i hope you and your family are all on the mend , sorry you've had such a rough time. Keep your chin up hun you've come a long way already .x

Hi,

Sorry I can't offer any advice. All I can say is rant away as much as you like. My great aunt who I have to say was a bit of a bible basher (no offence to anyone, but she would try and convert anyone and everyone including my atheist husband who is equally as stubborn, long story for another time :eek:)

She did tell my Mum something once which I think is the best advice 'God will only put on your shoulders what he thinks you can carry' whether you believe in god, buddha or just life and the universe I think it applies. Same as the other good saying 'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'.

Take Care

Paula XX

Back