• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

wot should i do?

john m

hi am now 1 week and a day on pureed food but its a nightmare,every thing i eat seems 2 pass straight through me or i feel sick after,am talking about ,cornflake,soup.mashed tatty,i said in my first post i have no energy and am light headed even tho am takeing my a-z vitamins.dont no if i should contact the hospital to see what they say,any advice would be nice ie,this is normal and will pass

Like Claire, I have no advice as I'm so early in the whole process but I hope you feel better soon xx

if it doesnt seem right, call up the bariatric nurses, or ur emergency number u have been given. i think a few of us worry about bothering people but it really doesnt matter. hope it passes soon :)

thats it i dont want to bother them if it is a usual side effect,i have allways been very regular with a touch of ibs if i eat rich foods so not sure,i have phoned the dietetics department and am waiting 4 a call back as this is the only number i have 4 advice

well done on making the call.....hope u get the call back...otherwise just badger them! hehe..cos thats what i do...uve had a major op and there is an emergency number for these kinda things :)

thanks every 1 4 your care,they phoned back and think its just till things setttle,daft thing is i seem ok 2day ,they said contact them again in a couple of days if it does not settle

John, let me tell you about my bowels post op. I was running to the loo and worrying i wouldn't make it early post op! Once or twice i didn't make it as i couldn't run fast after 'open' surgery :eek::eek::eek:

Turns out i am one of a few who become lactose intolerant for a short while post op. I had to have lactose free milk for a while. This period lasted for a few weeks until i'd gone the opposite way, constipated, and was out of lactofree milk (available from all major supermarkets). I bit the bullet and had normal milk and no pooping. Result.

I share this with you just in case you think you might try cutting milk out for a day or two and see what happens...

many thanks julie 4 your post,i just read it,and had asked them when they phoned back other day if it could be that, they thought not but every time i have milk ie on cornflakes like this morning or a yoghurt i feel sick,if i stick 2 bland food as they call it ie mashed tatty am ok or at least better,i cant get away with pureed meat so us more milk ect 4 protien

Hi John I too had quite bad bowel problems post op it settles down, it wont be long till your posting lettinmg us know youre constipated lol. but that too sorts itself out x

many thanks julie 4 your post,i just read it,and had asked them when they phoned back other day if it could be that, they thought not but every time i have milk ie on cornflakes like this morning or a yoghurt i feel sick,if i stick 2 bland food as they call it ie mashed tatty am ok or at least better,i cant get away with pureed meat so us more milk ect 4 protien

John, change to the lacto free milk and see if it makes a difference. You need the milk for protein to heal after your surgery. It can't hurt to try can it? Any supermarket will do it xx

Are you having episodes of dumping syndrome? Cornflakes are (weirdly) too high in sugar for me and cause me to dump. It might be worth trying weetabix for a few days instead and see if that's the problem.

Back