• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Still waiting to hear back from PCT

zombielaurie

Its only been 2/3 weeks since my GP has wrote to the PCT but I'm not sure if the PCT write back to me or directly to the GP getting uber impatient waiting already lol did anyone else have this feeling?? xxx

it seems so long ago i can't remember how long it took but i do remember the doc contacting me when i was turned down both times to discuss but i think the third time i got a letter from pct had to choose where to go etc :) sorry not much help but i do think it was longer than 2-3 weeks xx good luck

The pct's work very slow the whole process is slow one unless you go private but it does happen just full of waiting around

I got the decision within 7 days of application but didn't find out that funding was approved until 8 weeks later as the letter was just sat in the docs offices n they hadn't even looked at it. I phoned every week asking if they had, had anything back n each time they said no so i phoned PALS who contacted the PCT who said they had already written to GP weeks before. On ringing back to GP they still insisted they had nothing n then i got PALS to contact PCT to sort GP out as was fed up of nit knowing and being messed around. Luckily funding was approved then i had to wait a further 4 weeks to get weight, height, bloods done again to go off to the hospital then jubilee bank hols further delayed things but i now have group session booked for 19th July, i started all thus back in beginning of march so the docs have really dragged it out compared to some that were referred after me have already had group session n first consultant appointment n are under the same PCT as me.

Sam00190 said:
I got the decision within 7 days of application but didn't find out that funding was approved until 8 weeks later as the letter was just sat in the docs offices n they hadn't even looked at it. I phoned every week asking if they had, had anything back n each time they said no so i phoned PALS who contacted the PCT who said they had already written to GP weeks before. On ringing back to GP they still insisted they had nothing n then i got PALS to contact PCT to sort GP out as was fed up of nit knowing and being messed around. Luckily funding was approved then i had to wait a further 4 weeks to get weight, height, bloods done again to go off to the hospital then jubilee bank hols further delayed things but i now have group session booked for 19th July, i started all thus back in beginning of march so the docs have really dragged it out compared to some that were referred after me have already had group session n first consultant appointment n are under the same PCT as me.

Im from barnsley so will be under sheffield for any surgery ay NGH

Good luck Sam hopefully will be done soon for ya gonna have to nag them i think!! I live in Weeton (In between Preston and Blackpool) Angie, this PCT is a lot better then my old one like but when I spoke to a different dr last week had no idea what was happening xxx

I just want it done this year lol, after my hols though as i want one last hol being able to eat n drink what i want. Luckily i can still fit in plane seat even if i cant get tray down but don't suppose ill need the tray with my 1 yr old on mu knee. Going to buy myself a seatbelt extension so that i don't have to ask for that as well as baby seatbelt.

i went to spire at murrayfield because i was having DS but i have my check ups at Blackpool spire they are really lovely people and so helpful :)

Lol i cant say i blame ya for that id wanna have one last blow out as well im a firm believer in positive thoughts produce positive actions so it will be soon for ya :) xxx

thats great id be going to spire fylde if i get it and im nervous after reading some of the horror stories bout some staff not being great etc xxx

I have the funding in place waited two weeks now for an appointment if I don't here this week will phone up

i had no problems with anyone at all :) if you have high bmi and co morbidities and have followed doctor instructions diet pills etc and failed then hopefully you will be accepted, good luck :)

If I am would be good I have been through weight management at rio they have got funding in place and have emailed mr ackroyd for an appointment but as always very slow

Maphillips said:
If I am would be good I have been through weight management at rio they have got funding in place and have emailed mr ackroyd for an appointment but as always very slow

I went through to his secretary to chase up the NGH side and she had the appointment sent out to me that day.

Going to give them a few more days then will phone on Thursday I think they don't understand what we go through

I need to ring them myself again u have just reminded me as I've lost my appointment letter n work want to see it or i will go down as unauthorised absence. Its like being back at school lol

Sam00190 said:
I need to ring them myself again u have just reminded me as I've lost my appointment letter n work want to see it or i will go down as unauthorised absence. Its like being back at school lol

I agree it's like being a kid at school good luck

Back