• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Still waiting to hear back from PCT

Once you have your group session at NGH things seem to move very fast!
Lots of luck both of you
Em xxxx

Maphillips said:
Hope so it's rotten this waiting game

Definitely n it didn't help that nurse at surgery had said even though funding approved it doesn't mean i will definitely get the op, she said this at my sons injections as she took all the details to attach to funding letter so I'm
Thinking i could get there n they will say no now as i was ill over jubilee weekend n dud 5 days on just water as had stomach bug n I'm around 3kg lighter than when i weighed myself a month ago, I'm hoping that wont go against me as i was just over 50 BMI before i was ill n now I'm 49.4 according to the boots scales I've been using since this all started

I think it will I see me ackroyd from time to time so know he is ok with mind but I think if you have funding in place and show your losing weight then it will go ahead

Maphillips said:
I think it will I see me ackroyd from time to time so know he is ok with mind but I think if you have funding in place and show your losing weight then it will go ahead

May do the liquid diet again then as I'm
Sure i must have lost more than 3kg but didn't weigh myself straight after n I've been snacking at my desk at work. I found day 1 + 2 the worst but got over tee hunger by day 3 n then if i started to feel hungry i had a drink, will probably do it on diet pop though since no cals n only did water last time as was easier to keep down when i had the sickness

Trying to put the weight back on though at the min n do any weigh loss under mr ackroyd n his team, hope I'm doing right as wouldn't want to ruin my chance of surgery

Sam00190 said:
Trying to put the weight back on though at the min n do any weigh loss under mr ackroyd n his team, hope I'm doing right as wouldn't want to ruin my chance of surgery

I don't think it will mr ackroyd is great
Barnsley are going to be copying rio from Rotherham soon doing there own weight management and referring on with funding in place leaving mr ackroyd with less headaches with trying to arrange funding
You must let me know how you get on I work at northern and are there five days a week might see you there

Im there on the thursday so may see u there but then again I'm told its much bigger than Barnsley hospital n the letter said i have to go to the medical education centre

Will see if I am around there on Thursday at what time you know we're it is it's near Chesterman and to the back of firth wards come in off Barnsley road turn right and its on your left about 500 yards you'll see Chesterman on your left its just before it
Good luck

That's good any problems finding it message me I start 8 I work on the dishcharge crew on Thursday so am around will try and pop around if I can
Good luck

Thanks, im hoping they let me decide in the day that i still want surgery as i have already decided
110% i want it so dont want to have to wait even longer to give them my decision

Your well on your way don't worry there all really nice what type do you want band,sleeve. Or bypass I think I will ask for sleeve this time as want to go back to work ASAP but a bypass would be great either my band was fantastic
Good luck and enjoy it you may see liz or narisa both are great they will run through types of surgery and all the things that surgery bring
Take care

Maphillips said:
Your well on your way don't worry there all really nice what type do you want band,sleeve. Or bypass I think I will ask for sleeve this time as want to go back to work ASAP but a bypass would be great either my band was fantastic
Good luck and enjoy it you may see liz or narisa both are great they will run through types of surgery and all the things that surgery bring
Take care

Im going for the bypass, my mum has had it but it went wrong for her n can hardly eat so she needs another op to open it up a bit apparently. Im wanting a permanent one so i think its best as i have been a comfort eater in the past n i like sweet things and tend to snack at my desk and the bypass will help me stop all that. Ive researched everything so i was hoping to get out of the group session as i don't like any group sessions and have been the same about groups since i was a kid but mr ackroyds secretary has said its compulsory so will prob just try n make sure I'm not noticed too much

So sorry to hear about your mum but least you are sure what you want
Good luck Thursday all will be ok
Mark

Group sessions are fine you will not be judged but should be made to feel proud that You are making changes for your health and happiness.
Good luck xx

Back