• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Still waiting...

Pookiedoodle

Totally in love with Mika
Good morning.
Sorry I've not been on in a while, but I was so disheartened when my consultant appt was cancelled I decided to stay away for a bit.
But now I'm back!
I've been on the phone to the hospital almost every day trying to find out what happens next, but don't really seem to be getting anywhere.
Mr Finch is the only bariatric surgeon in my county, and now he's on long term sick leave (He became ill the day before my appt), the hospital staff didn't really seem to know what was going to happen.
After another phone call this morning, they have told me they will be getting a locum in, and sending me another appt, I just hope I'm not waiting for too long, it's already been approx 8 weeks so far since I was referred by my GP.
So, that's by news, how about all of you?
Nic, I'm so sorry I've not been on to ask how you are, I'm looking forward to a child free hour this afternoon to have a good old read & catch up on how everyone's doing.

Hope they get it sorted for you soon!

Shel

What a nightmare for you Emma - I really feel for you!

I hope this locum gets started soon and you are back on track...

Good luck,

Alice xx

Hope you don't have to wait too long for your appointment again Emma, it must be sooo frustrating. I will keep my fingers crossed that you get some good news soon x

Thanks so much girls, it's so lovely to come on here and get some support.
Shelbell & Alice, you've both joined the losing side since I was on here last, how fantastic, I'm so jealous, how are you both coping with the changes since your op?
Alice, I love your little avatar, you look just like Adele in that photo, gorgeous!
Alliecat, I bet you're really starting to notice a difference now aren't you, Almost in the 16's now, how brilliant is that!!!
Awww, I wanna be a loser with you all, it's taking sooooooooooo long (Stamps foot icon)

You will get there hun, tis just a case of playing a long and frustrating watiing game x

Hi Emma,

Thanks for the compliment! The picture was taken on my wedding day so I was a little bit happy lol

It's good on the losing side. The journey has been so much harder than I expected but it is so so worth it... I just can't wait to see what the slinky Alice looks like!

Hang in there - it will happen for you soon.

Alice xx

You're right there Allie, it's such a wait isn't it. I wanna be skinny!!!!!!

Well, he looks better than I do, he's hot hot hot - well, except for the REALLY dodgy bow ties of course!
xx

Hi Emma,

Its been hard work but well worth it! The wait is hard I know but you WILL get there in the end.

Stay strong and positive,

Shel

Hiya hun

Sorry not been around for a while myself, sorry to hear your still having problems getting the appt very unfortunate timing for you hun and I hope they do get somebody else soon as refer you elsewhere.

Hang in there hun it will be worth it in the end xxx

Back