• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

st richards chichester

juliet64

hi all does anybody know anything about the new way they are doing appts for weight loss surgery, they used to be done through the number for the streamline clinic but now they seem to be done through the main hospitals appt system.I spoke to someone on another forum and they had only been on the waiting list for 1 month and had been given an outpatients appt for end of april, this does not seem fair as there are others including myself who have been waiting longer, any info gratefully recieved. juliexx:confused:

I spoke to someone on another forum and they had only been on the waiting list for 1 month and had been given an outpatients appt for end of april, this does not seem fair as there are others including myself who have been waiting longer.

If that is the case it is blooming unfair. There will be blood shed...........!!!!!!

i read a similar post the lady has seemed to have jumped the qeque (cant spell) sooo fustrating!!!!!!
i also read on another forum that they are training up another surgeon and have drafted in another surgeon to cope with backlog and new work load so that will be 5 surgeons. also they said the surgeons are going to operate on some extra days dont know how true this is? still havent got my initial appointment though!!!! grrrrrr
kate x

im glad its not just me thats feeling a bit put out by this,it does seem really unfair i know i have not been waiting long but the more people jumping the queue is only going to make our wait longer. juliexx:grumble:

Hi, i phoned st Richards yesturday as i have been waitng also for 1st appointment since october, and was told that all the appointments are now going through the main hospital and (sorry but there is still a bit of a wait)and that 's that , bl...dy pee..v..d myself i think they should stop taken any new referals for a while and deal with the backlog theve allready got, but that wont happen so ...got no choice but to sit and wait....

I got the phone number off Christine for appointments and rang them yesterday. They said the appointment letters were going out in a few days time (which is exaxctly what I was told 2 weeks ago too!!!). They have me on the system for 29 April but until I get the letter.............I still think I'm dreaming all of this!. On a positive note, went back to my GP yesterday to get weighed after I begged him to give me Reductil to help me lose some weight. In 3 weeks I've lost 10 pounds which has made a HUGH difference. As he said, I was a different woman to the one that saw him 3 weeks ago. Only downside is that my BP is up which he isn't happy about so I have another month's supply of Reductil and then have to go back to get my BP checked again. By then I will have only a week to go till I see the consultant so hopefully I will have a better idea of what's happening surgery wise.

i read a similar post the lady has seemed to have jumped the qeque (cant spell) sooo fustrating!!!!!!
i also read on another forum that they are training up another surgeon and have drafted in another surgeon to cope with backlog and new work load so that will be 5 surgeons. also they said the surgeons are going to operate on some extra days dont know how true this is? still havent got my initial appointment though!!!! grrrrrr
kate x

its a plus and a minus with the new surgeon he is called mr johns i think and he was going to do my band first time i was taken in but as he training he so slow i ended up being sent home again and it was reschedualed but that was 7months ago so hopefully he a bit quicker now lol good luck guys hope you dont have to wait to long

for anyone needing it the switch board no to go thru to appointments is 01243 788122 and bariatric clinic is 01243 831655

Just a thought.........my initial appointment is with Mr Slater. Does that mean he will be the one who does the surgery or he just the consultant for the first appointment and then another surgeon actually does the operation? Not sure I would feel comfortable with someone who has only just qualified operating on me!!!!

Just a thought.........my initial appointment is with Mr Slater. Does that mean he will be the one who does the surgery or he just the consultant for the first appointment and then another surgeon actually does the operation? Not sure I would feel comfortable with someone who has only just qualified operating on me!!!!

mr slater was my consultant i only met him first time having my 4th fill lol i always see mr somers but then i had a diff surgeon if you get a new surgeon mr somer or slater is there with him, and they a fully qualified surgeon who have been operating for years but are learning to do bariatric as well just ask at your consultation and express your views on who does it

Back