• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Still waiting

maxsmum

I posted on here at the beginning of Jan 2008 as I went to see my doctor about getting a referral for a gastric bypass. He said yes straight away and sent the information off to the PCT for funding:p. Received a letter today asking for consent for the PCT to look at my medical records before they can look at funding. Can't believe it has taken 8 weeks of waiting for the PCT to send a letter to me asking for permission to look at my medical records !!:mad: Giving informed consent is surely me asking for the surgey in the first place, feels like they are just not that bothered !! Maybe i'm just so tense from waiting for two months and nothing happening that i'm only seeing the bad side..... really frustrated :sigh:

Dont get frustrated chick, the wheels turn slow in some cases....I had letters go missing in the post and all sorts so I was constantly chasing things up...remember its important to you but not to the people dealing with the paper work...keep your chin up it will happen....mine seemed to take ages then it was such a rush I had three days warning of surgery and I so wanted to bask in the knowledge it had been approved....your time will come....xx

hi there maxsmum. It does take time but at least you know they are now on to it,and that its not still laying around the office. you will hear its just a waiting game. Good luck and try not to get worked up about it because the time seems to drag even more when you're so anxious. Keep us imformed on the progress as we'll be waiting to hear your news as well. Take care xxxGaynorxxx

It took from July to Dec for me to get the funding and go for my first consultation, and i'm still waiting for my op:rolleyes:It is a waiting game i'm afraid;):D

hi im under lancs pct and i recieved the same letter from pct..it was only weeks after i returned this that i got an appointment to see the consultant and 6 weeks after consultant to op..so dont lose heart all is lookin good..oh that was the last i ever heard of pct didnt even confirm funding x

Thank you so much for responding guys !! I am trying to relax about it all but seem to be getting fatter every day (I eat when tense!! LOL). Hope the next news is good news.

Thanks once again Xx

Back