• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got myself in a bit of a state

Colopatiron

Hi,
I feel really frustrated. Been waiting to hear from the PCT. On 18th June went away for a week, on 19th June a hand delivered letter from doctor from PCT to try and get it back to her before 24th June cos she was going away on 25th. On 25th June got back from my week away, rang her immediatley to find out she is away till 14th July. Today get a call from Mr PCT himself but couldn't get to my phone in time. Message from him says that my case is going to board on Monday (13th) and I will l hear via letter by the end of next week. Heres the problem, the letter from the PCT that the doctor sent me wanted info about my previous diet attempts, medication etc (appendix 2!!)and the doctor wanted to fill it in with me. Now how will the PCT make a decision on Monday without this letter? its almost doomed to be a no:cry::cry: i know I will be able to appeal but the board does not meet again for another 2 months. I have tried to reach him this afternoon but he is now away till Monday. I cannot believe the way all the timing has gone for this, I keep telling myself everything is for a reason but its not helping. Will the PCT make a decision based on just the original application, I have heard he is VERY hard to please. The only things in my favour are a totally supportive doctor and a 60+ bmi (god now I'm even more depressed:cry::cry::cry:)
Sorry, to whinge but know you all understand. By the way you are all looking fantastic

love

SUE xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

that is terible luck but im sure it will all come together soon. maybee the pct will know wat has happend and will ajourn it till next time ,or your gp may have sen in his report if he knew he wouldnt see you before monday. good luck that it turns out ok

i agree ring your drs and ask for another dr or office receptionist to fax to them your diet history
goodluck
sewingbelle

Hello stranger, I've not seen you around for a while. 1st of all don't get all worked up about this and yes I know its hard not to. 2nd your GP will have sent absolutely loads of information to the PCT to get you the funding. If your GP is so supportive they will not want to waste time waiting for letters to go back and forth with the PCT. Hang on in there sweetheart it will all work out for you especially with such a high BMI. Good luck and hopefully you'll get to hear as soon as they've made their decision.

Hi,
I feel really frustrated. Been waiting to hear from the PCT. On 18th June went away for a week, on 19th June a hand delivered letter from doctor from PCT to try and get it back to her before 24th June cos she was going away on 25th. On 25th June got back from my week away, rang her immediatley to find out she is away till 14th July. Today get a call from Mr PCT himself but couldn't get to my phone in time. Message from him says that my case is going to board on Monday (13th) and I will l hear via letter by the end of next week. Heres the problem, the letter from the PCT that the doctor sent me wanted info about my previous diet attempts, medication etc (appendix 2!!)and the doctor wanted to fill it in with me. Now how will the PCT make a decision on Monday without this letter? its almost doomed to be a no:cry::cry: i know I will be able to appeal but the board does not meet again for another 2 months. I have tried to reach him this afternoon but he is now away till Monday. I cannot believe the way all the timing has gone for this, I keep telling myself everything is for a reason but its not helping. Will the PCT make a decision based on just the original application, I have heard he is VERY hard to please. The only things in my favour are a totally supportive doctor and a 60+ bmi (god now I'm even more depressed:cry::cry::cry:)
Sorry, to whinge but know you all understand. By the way you are all looking fantastic

love

SUE xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HI Sue

Just wanted to make a suggestion that you could see another doctor within your surgery to help you do the form...get it signed and faxed.

Hope this is possible.

(((hugs)))

Thanks ladies,

The other GPs in the surgery sadly consist of anti wls views. One even believes if i exercise every day I would lose all my weight, if only!! The majority of the information needed is on my medical records but it is going to be a very time consuming affair to go through 33 years of history for which date I had which pills and counselling etc. My own doctor would be happy to do it with me (as she has said on her attached note) but I can almost garrantee the other 2 doctors would not, especially as they are opposed to me having the surgery. I have resigned myself to expecting the worse and preparing a stunning appeal, and who knows a miracle may happen

Thanks Gaynor,

Knew I could rely on support here. OH doesn't understand what the fuss is about. Been working 50+ hour weeks for the last couple of weeks (and will be for the next couple of months) so haven't been around as much as I would like. Still crop in as much as I can though.

love to all and lets hope the 13th turns out lucky

Good luck for the 13th....everything crossed for you :)

could you not ask the practice manager to go through yr notes with you. you could then record all the dates and send them to the pct as a temporary measure explaining that yr GP is away till after the hearing. but if they make a provisional desision on yr info he will confim it when he gets back.

hiya, hope things work out ok for you. my funding passed first time with just a doctors letter that i didn't even know he sent.
in fact i went to the doctors with my daughter, who was the victim of a rather nasty dog attack. she was told at the hospital that she would benifit from gastric surgery as she was having problems walking. so i went to doctors with her and explained everything to him and he agreed, then he looked at me and said it would be a good idea for you to (my younger sister has just had a heart attack) so he put us both forward. funding took about two weeks to be passed.then we had to pick where we wanted it done, we chose LUTON&DUNSTABLE. now i have had my first appointment and my second/third & fourth is aug 14th. my daughter has had her first but is still waiting for the second. it wasn't untill i went to have my blood presure done that i found out about the letter.
good luck, i will keep everything crossed for you!!!!!!

I know how you feel I too am waiting funding my pct meet on Friday but I am not getting my hopes up because a few weeks ago I was told a decision would be made and it wasn't. Please don't go fretting about it do you know the email address of your pct and send the info that way as well. Do they want all the dates you have been on various diets or just which diets you have tried over the years? Good luck with everything and please try to stay calm, (I know its difficult).

HI, ANY NEWS YET?

Hi there,

So much happened the last week, haven't had chance to post. Wellll, I must have caught some of the fairy dust because if you remember the PCT were going to meet Monday the 13th and I couldn't have got my papers to him cos the doc didn't come back till 14th. Well I took the fab advice of everyone and rung the PCT, actually got to speak to the head man to explain, and wonder of wonders some luck. He told me the PCT were having to cancel the meet on the 13th and it is now the 20th, yes tomorrow eek:eek:. So there I was on the 14th, first in line to see the doc with all my papers, and bless her she spent 40 minutes with me finalising them and faxed them off there and then. Apologies to the room full of patients who were late for their appointments that day:eek:. My papers were not returned by the PCT and they have not been in touch, so tomorrows decision day. I shall know by the end of next week!!
Been a hectic week all round, car blew up on the way home from work wednesday. Sent hubby out looking for a cheapie on thursday as I work a 50 hour week and only get Sundays off. And he picked something I would have picked myself, not that i fussy about cars, the criteria was, if its cheap and reliable it will do. Going to be a nan again in about 2 weeks. So, new car (ish!!), new baby and hopefully new body. Trying not to be nervous about the PCT and keep optimistic, keep telling myself that given I meet the criteria and my bmi, I 'should' get funding, though it sadly doesn't always follow that I will.
Thanks again everyone for your support, it means soooo much. And lets hope I will be posting good news this week. I am going to ring them on Thursday if I have not got a letter by then (not that I'm impatient you understand:rolleyes:) so will post then.

luv n stuff

Suexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi sue, keeping everything crossed for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back