• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

still worried I will be refused

pinkprincess77

Well yesterday I was given my date for my bypass . however I'm still a little worried that when it comes to it they'll say no. When I went into the room the surgeon said "what are you here?" for I explained that I wanted the gastric bypass. Then he said "I wouldn't say you wo fat" his words not mine. In one way it was nice to hear but in another the alarm bells rang. I explained I was 19 stone 11 i am now 15 stone 9 I'm 5ft 4 . My worries are once I've done the pre op they'll say I dont need it. Yes I will be at a healthier weight than I was but I know without the help of the bypass I will put it all back on and more. I've worked damn hard to get where I am and dont want to be punished for it.

You are a big fat pay cheque. If you have your date they wont change their mind they have either yours or the nhs' s money. Xxx

hi there this is something i am also worried about.so plz if this has ever happend to anyone that when you have lost weight and bmi has come down surgery has then been refused plz tell us about it the info would be much appreciated x

Please stop fretting, I asked the same question as due to delays with my bypass and 2 liver shrinking diets I will be over 4 st lighter. The bypass isn't about losing the weight, it's about maintaining a healthy weight. Your BMI was recorded and the funding issued and the op planned. X

When I had my bypass(NHS) I asked my bariatric nurse why no one else had had one at the same time as me. I felt really horrible and pretty much alone and just wanted to go home. I told her at my seminars I got told there would be others. She said the lady that was in the 3rd bed next to me had a bypass(she was discharged at this point) and I was like but she is not even fat and the nurse was like "I know EVERYBODY was surprised how much weight she lost on her pre op diet"

I don't think they will turn you down but if you do lose a lot of weight on your milk diet maybe you should think about a sleeve instead?

Oooh this was a huge concern of mine too, I've been told its the weight at the start that counts and they just see any weight loss as a commitment on your behalf to lose weight. So it's a real bonus.

I was 22 1/2 stone when referred and I've lost nearly five stone, my pre-op is this coming Wednesday and it's still stressing me.

You have all done so well pre op! When I had my op I was surprised how "slim" some of the ladies were, and like you they had done so well preop. One was a size 16 and they did hers. She had lost a lot pre op.
Well done x

Thanks for replying everyone. I think I just need to stop stressing lol x

yeah thanx people you have helped put my mind at rest so glad i joined this group the info is a great help x

Back