• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band refused - advice needed

izzy31

Hi, I am new to this forum and could do with some advice please. I went to see Mr Richardson (THG) for a consultation. I explained to him the weight difficulties I have had since the age of 16 (now 31). I am a comfort, emotional eater and binge eat. I have a BMI of 37 so qualify for a band. I researched the band and thought it could help me break the cycle. I am completely dedicated to making it work. I have been for counselling, dietician and weight loss clubs many times which I also explained. However, Mr Richardson said that I was not suitable for a band due to a history of binge eating which could make the band slip if I was to do this which would be dangerous. He said that I would be better off having counselling. I am not depressed or unstable and have tried this before with no success.

Is there anyone with a band who was a binge eater? Is it common practice that binge eaters are refused a band? Do you think I should get a second opinion?
Izzy X

Back