• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stitch like pain

New Beginnings

I was wondering if anyone can advise. I had my WLS Gastric Bypass nearly a week ago and the last couple of days I keep getting a stitch like pain under and around my left boob area which is just under one of my op sites. I was feeling so good and now this has made me anxious. I thought initially it may be related to trapped wind etc as I keep burping. I've been making my protein shakes with a smoothie maker and ive noticed that it does froth the milk up and im wondering if im taking this air in. I don't know either if I'm doing too much too soon at home, although my doc said be a mobile as you can to avoid blood clots etc. Is this normal? Does anyone have any advice. Annie x

hi new,
i had my bypass two weeks ago on the 6th and i find that i get a stitch sometimes if i eat or drink too fast.....dont know if this is what you have but i thought i would mention it.
It tends to go if i take it easy,
if it continues i would advise you to contact your team,
take care tasha xxx

I had my bypass a week ago and I also feel a stitch type pain under my left breast well a bit further down someone said it's trapped wind, but I do find if I drink to fast I get it too xx

If not wind it will be things settling down,dont forget they had a rummage in your tum and things will still be swollen.I stopped all twinges by week 6.

Thank you everyone for your replies. Turns out that somehow part of my bowel had looped over itself and then decided to fuse to my new stomach as it was all healing. My surgeon who was so supportive and understanding took my pain and concerns seriously. I had to have some aniseed drink and an x-ray first to eliminate a leakage that came back negative. He then put a camera inside and found the problem then fixed everything for me. He said it was just a fluke, one of those things. Anyone who Is under the team at Charring Cross I can't recommend them enough. I'm glad to be home and back on the road to recovery!!!! Annie x

Hi Annie! Charing Cross are outstanding. Glad they helped you out and you are on your way xxx

Pleased u got it sorted, my stitch pain comes and goes and seems to come more wen eating, well drinking my soup, did u have more surgery? Xx

Glad it's all sorted x

Back