• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stomach is chruning

FEDup1981

I WILL look like this!!
I changed to a high protein diet 2 days ago, after i realised too many carbs were slowing my weight loss down.

TMI....
Yesterday, i got a really bad stomach ache, needed the toilet and my stools were really loose. I went boiling hot, sweating and nearly passed out.
The same thing happened lunchtime today, tho not to the point of almost passing out.

Now after tea, my stomach is aching really bad, and bubbling away. Ive brought back most of my tea. And i just feel ill.

Do u think its cos of the sudden diet change?

What did you eat yesterday and today?

yesterday i had:

B: 1.5 LF sausages, and 1 slice 50/50 crustless toast (lol my lil boys bread!)

L: Tikka flavoured chicken breast, about 20g protein.
T: Chicken, mashed pot, carrots, sweetcorn, 1 small y.pud, and gravy.
Snacks so far: 4 WW cheese triangles, 4.5g protein in each. 2 light Babybel, 4 crab sticks.

Today:
B: 3 rashers of bacon, and an egg fried in frylight.
L: small bit of chicken breast with cottage cheese. Felt rubbish straight after eating, and was ill shortly after.
T: Pork chop, tiny bit of salad n pasta. (though most of this has come back up)
Snacks: 2 bourbon biscuits, and 4 smarties!

Thats it so far

yesterday i had:

Snacks so far: 4 WW cheese triangles, 4.5g protein in each. 2 light Babybel, 4 crab sticks.

Today:
L: small bit of chicken breast with cottage cheese. Felt rubbish straight after eating, and was ill shortly after.

Thats it so far

Out of what you ate was there anything new. As soon as i saw cottage cheese on yr list i wanted to hurl. Cant stand the stuff since my bypass and used to love it. It could just be that you have gone from carb rich to protien rich that stays in the stomach for longer and you have eaten too much. I also notice that there is no fruit and very little veg apart from 1 meal.
instead of biscuits, cheese and crabstricks for snacks have some fruit and also watchout for yr carbs as the things you are having are simple carbs and not complex.
If i had eaten what you had i would have cronic gut ache. also the fact that you were sick after yr lunch your pouch was probably a little tender at tea and so it let you know.
hope you are able to find a good balance
hc

Hope you feel better soon....

It does sound so much a stomach bug...but I have not been bypassed so the guys that have might be able to offer some explanations.

(((hugs)))

It does sound like a dump or a reaction to too much fat in your food
But i havent really had much fat, apart from the 2 biscuits? :confused:

Out of what you ate was there anything new. As soon as i saw cottage cheese on yr list i wanted to hurl. Cant stand the stuff since my bypass and used to love it. It could just be that you have gone from carb rich to protien rich that stays in the stomach for longer and you have eaten too much. I also notice that there is no fruit and very little veg apart from 1 meal.
instead of biscuits, cheese and crabstricks for snacks have some fruit and also watchout for yr carbs as the things you are having are simple carbs and not complex.
If i had eaten what you had i would have cronic gut ache. also the fact that you were sick after yr lunch your pouch was probably a little tender at tea and so it let you know.
hope you are able to find a good balance
hc

Thanks!
Most of the stuff was new tbh. I say new, but i have had them but not for a long time.
I was eating loads of fruit & veg before, but i was at a stall with my weight loss, so changed to a high protein diet. Thought that i shouldnt eat fruit n veg much, more protein?
Im so confused by it all tbh! Should i go back to what i was eating before, a low fat diet (less than 5g fat per meal) and fruit snacks, and increase my protein through milk, extra meat/fish in my diet, and perhaps cheese?
4 months on and im still learning!

Dont think it was a stomach bug, more a reaction to the sudden diet change.

yesterday i had:

Today:

Thats it so far

There is quite a bit of fat in you day hun. LF sausages still have quite a lot of fat. Do does Cheese triangles and Bacon. Yourshire pud is pure batter so best to stay away from that. Also egg fryed in frylight is still fat. Although very low. There is more fat in food than we think.

Back