• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A bit of an unpleasant toilet question!!

grom

Slim for 2009
Hate to ask this but here goes............. has anyone else suffered stomach pains when going to the loo??

I don't have constipation or the runs but have been getting really bad stomach pains when going to the loo. I am pretty tough but the pains today were really bad. As soon as i've 'finished' the pain stops.

I've spoken to the nurse and she says it's just my guts getting used to the new way of things and to take the pain killers I was discharged with as soon as I get up in the morning to prevent the pain.

Just wondered if anyone else had the same thing and how long it lasted?

:sick0019::sick0019::sick0019:

I did not really have 'pain' exactly but I did feel a little crampy in the intestines for about a week or so. It took a few days after surgery before I went at all and then I felt a bit crampy for a few days right before I went and during but then it went away. I associated with the trapped wind and healing. Since you have already checked with your nurse I wouldn't worry unless the pain increases.

HTH
Nic;)

Hi i do remember having cramps especially when i needed to go to the loo. it felt like i was going to have the runs but it wasn't that. it was made worse at times when i ate but over a few weeks it did settle down. hope it gets easier for you x

Hi i do remember having cramps especially when i needed to go to the loo. it felt like i was going to have the runs but it wasn't that. it was made worse at times when i ate but over a few weeks it did settle down. hope it gets easier for you x

Thanks Tammy - that's just what it feel like - glad it's not just me!!

Back