• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stomaphyx Revision Procedure

Nightwitch

Nightwitch to New Witch
Good Afternoon all,
it has now been 6 weeks since I had my Stomaphyx procedure done privately at Spire in Southampton, i am just starting to try solid foods again but am really struggling.
This is definitely not a common procedure it seems so I am struggling to find any useful or recent information online.

Has anyone else in here had Stomaphyx done or considering it?

My history is i had my bypass back in March 2010 and lost about 10st but regained about 6st over the last 3-4yrs through my own bad choices in how i dealt with crappy relationships and breakups....i chose to have revision done to gain control back in my life.

Willing to answer any questions if i can if people want to know anything about it.
I didn't have the easiest of recovery weeks but the liquids stages have been no problem at all.

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Hello!

Nice to see you on here again.

Well, I for one have never heard of your procedure so I shall be googling it.

I hope it works for you x

niccie

Hello! Nice to see you on here again. Well, I for one have never heard of your procedure so I shall be googling it. I hope it works for you x
well done for taking control, hope it settles soon and you can eat more easily. Sorry I have never heard of this op, so no help X

countrywench

Just got out of the spire Southampton ? was it Dr Byrnes ?
I've never heard of your op either ! Good luck though !
Mindy
Xx

Nightwitch

Nightwitch to New Witch
thanks all.
My surgeon this time round was Dr Jamie Kelly at Southampton Spire. He is the person who brought this procedure over to the UK about 2-3yrs ago (it has been done in the US for about 9-10yrs now i think), my attending surgeon was from Madrid and is the person who had created the new way of doing it, but I don't know what his name was.

The procedure itself makes the stretched opening (Stoma) between the stomach pouch and the intestines smaller again so food stays in the pouch longer again.
rough idea in the image below:
GIT05_StomaphyX_WM_.jpg

blossom11

Hi there,

Would your wls provider be able to put you in touch with someone in the UK who has had the same procedure for support and advice? X x x hope you manage to find someone x x

niccie

thanks all. My surgeon this time round was Dr Jamie Kelly at Southampton Spire. He is the person who brought this procedure over to the UK about 2-3yrs ago (it has been done in the US for about 9-10yrs now i think), my attending surgeon was from Madrid and is the person who had created the new way of doing it, but I don't know what his name was. The procedure itself makes the stretched opening (Stoma) between the stomach pouch and the intestines smaller again so food stays in the pouch longer again. rough idea in the image below:
oh that is interesting, sounds good :)

Nightwitch

Nightwitch to New Witch
Hi there,

Would your wls provider be able to put you in touch with someone in the UK who has had the same procedure for support and advice? X x x hope you manage to find someone x x

I have asked them and they are going to pass on my email address, am also going to ask my surgeon when i see him next too.

Another reason i chose this revision procedure is due to it being so quick and with minimal recovery time. Was just an overnight stay, and had no surgical woulds as it was all done endoscopically via the throat. I was back at work less than a week afterwards.

lottietat

Can I ask how much this procedure cost? I am looking at revision too as I lost 8 stones after a bypass in 2008 and have put back 4 stones in the last 4 years. How are you feeling with it? X

Hannah2

Hi Nightwitch, this sounds like an interesting procedure. How are you doing since? Do you feel it has made a difference? I hope it is helping you get back on track. Would be good to hear an update! Thanks. H2 x

julie rapley

Good Afternoon all,
it has now been 6 weeks since I had my Stomaphyx procedure done privately at Spire in Southampton, i am just starting to try solid foods again but am really struggling.
This is definitely not a common procedure it seems so I am struggling to find any useful or recent information online.

My history is i had my bypass back in March 2010 and lost about 10st but regained about 6st over the last 3-4yrs through my own bad choices in how i dealt with crappy relationships and breakups....i chose to have revision done to gain control back in my life.

Willing to answer any questions if i can if people want to know anything about it.
I didn't have the easiest of recovery weeks but the liquids stages have been no problem at all.
I had my full bypass in 2011 I have now put on some of the weight that I lost and am now considering this stomaphyx procedure. Can you tell me if a year on from yours you think it was worth it and any information you think I would need please, thanks

kelly901

I had a gastric bypass now 2 kids later and once again struggling with losing weight so I’m looking for help! I’ve booked an appointment to find out what my options are I’ve come across StomaphyX but can’t find any prices can anyone help me with how much I’ll be looking at? Thank you x

Fauzia

Good Afternoon all,

Hi there I saw your post and really need some info. How can I get this done? Is this private or NHS?