• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stopping smoking for pre op diet

I was told to quit 6weeks before my op as it thins ur blood and makes u likely to bleed.
Not smoked since :)

Oops not finished ! Rudders- I will deffo try the electronic cig, apparently they sell really good ones in cartridge world, all different flavours :)
THG booklet says to keep off nicotine replacement ASWELL which I'm confused about- I mean can nicotine really affect recovery? Surely it's the smoke and tar etc what are harmful??

Also, when I had my gall bladder removed a year ago stopping smoking wasn't even mentioned pre op- this is why I wasn't sure how important it was. I do want to stop as I want to be as healthy and fit as possible as I'm loosing weight but to do it now whilst cutting everything else out is hard going! X

They do actually do a zero nicotine cartridge if you can handle just the actions with no "hit" x

Think I'll start in the nicotine ones then hopefully can move on to the nicotine free cartridge :) x

I use smoker's angel vaporiser and it is a god send to me! Much cheaper than smoking too. Even though I've had to come off my pre-op diet I've still stopped the smoking which is great. Plus, I'm saving up all the money I save to buy some new clothes when I need them :)

Hope that helps.

Well after some research I've purchased the 'no match' e cig from cartridge warehouse - and I've gone 2 whole days without the real thing (good for me!) it's very different to the other e cigs as it looks more like a pen and you pour the liquid inside, I highly recommend it to people who enjoy smoking and find it really hard to quit

10 days till my op so better late than never I suppose :) xx

Good Luck for the 25th Danielle, Im having a RNY on Wednesday!! Eeekkk! :) x
Maz x

Hey Danielle I just wanted to say good luck for
Monday..... Think positive, think of your new life, meg

Hi Meg,

Unfortunately my Op has had to be postponed until 30th April due to finance issues :-( I am gutted but getting my head around it now.

Thanks for the message though, I will change my op date on my profile and am going to create a new thread to let people know xx

Back