• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Doubts!! :(

HoPe*87*

Hi all,

I'm having a really bad day. Started my pre op diet today. my op is in 9 days!! I also quit smoking 2 weeks ago and I've just been freaking out a bit thinking that I will never be able to eat again! And gave up smoking which are my 2 cravings!! Its just made me wonder if I'm doing the right thing. Will I be happy?
I know I need this op to get my weight down and im just being silly really but was just wondering if anyone else felt like this. I feel silly and ungrateful even saying all this!! Any support, advice and a good telling off would be good xxx

Aaww bless ya hun, your going to feel like that hun but in a few days as you get closer to the op you will start to think about the benefits you will feel in the next month let alone later in life, you have done brilliant with smoking and the time you spent smoking and eating you will be able to do something else you enjoy, and I've not seen your pic before but your extremely pretty :) keep going huni it will all be worth it very soon xxx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

I think every single one of us has been through this !!! its NOT silly its a whole new life we are travelling into so doubts and fears are all part of that journey, im scared to bits most of the time but the thought of even a few years at a normal size is so mind blowing i have to steady myself daily.
Keep strong hun, exciting and happy times are coming xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

my heads battered had all sorts go thru my mind element of risk and but thought of dragging this weight round for the rest of my life and the health reasons byfar out-weigh the doubts i have xxxx

Oh hun don't apologise, I'm sure most people start to worry as the op gets closer! There are going to be a few hard weeks ahead pre-op and post-op while you adjust but it will all be worth it...

Is food and smoking what makes you happy? I know my over eating is what has made me feel like an observer of my own life for the last 15 years and I want my life back now - just like I know you do! Surgery is going to change your life for the better and there are going to be soooo many new things every day which are TRULY going to make you happy. Hang in there hun xxx

Hi,

I had wanted the op for years, so much so that I took out a personal loan and paid for it myself, yet 2 days before the op I started crapping myself and decided that I would just continue the pre op diet and lose weight, why put myself through the surgery.

After giving myself a stern talking to, I listed all the weight loss methods I had ever tried (lots!) and realised that I was just understandably nervous and having a bit of a wobble.

The original decision to have surgery was made when I was calm and thinking straight and was definatly right for me.

Have a cup of tea, list your weight loss methods and see how you feel. I bet you realise that your just having a wobble.

Good luck

Julie xx

Thanks everyone!! It's really appreciated. I think it's just hit me today when I made nice tea for my family then sat down to a cup of soup :( then I came to work and everyone was eating nice things and I had an apple :( i know food isn't everything but I'm just worried I'm always going to be the one unhappy as I cant eat wot everyone else is. Food is a big social thing in my life that going to have to try and get my head round changing some how. Think its just coz I can't see past the first few weeks of pre op diet and puree yet :( Will I be able to eat normal again won't I? I know not how I do now but smaller portions? I don't want to go from being unhappy with the way I look to being unhappy with other things.

Again thank you for all the support and nice comments. Your all great people xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HoPe*87* said:
Thanks everyone!! It's really appreciated. I think it's just hit me today when I made nice tea for my family then sat down to a cup of soup :( then I came to work and everyone was eating nice things and I had an apple :( i know food isn't everything but I'm just worried I'm always going to be the one unhappy as I cant eat wot everyone else is. Food is a big social thing in my life that going to have to try and get my head round changing some how. Think its just coz I can't see past the first few weeks of pre op diet and puree yet :( Will I be able to eat normal again won't I? I know not how I do now but smaller portions? I don't want to go from being unhappy with the way I look to being unhappy with other things.

Again thank you for all the support and nice comments. Your all great people xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah you will be able to eat normally again (i know I'm pre op but everyone I've talked can) it is a very scary thing honey but you will honestly feel so much better after your op when you start working on the new you who has such a bright and happy future xxx

Tonibones10 said:
Yeah you will be able to eat normally again (i know I'm pre op but everyone I've talked can) it is a very scary thing honey but you will honestly feel so much better after your op when you start working on the new you who has such a bright and happy future xxx

Thanks Hun, just got myself in a downer I need to give my head a shake and see how lucky Iam to get this chance. This pre op diet is hard but I'm sure I'l get used to it after a couple of days xxx

HoPe*87* said:
Thanks Hun, just got myself in a downer I need to give my head a shake and see how lucky Iam to get this chance. This pre op diet is hard but I'm sure I'l get used to it after a couple of days xxx

And thanks for saying I'm pretty :) u are to :) see us bigger girls can be pretty to. Just wait till we are skinny and pretty xxxx

I know I've not got much right to comment as I'm still far from my pre op diet let alone after but I'm already scared too hun but I'm sock of my relationship with food because it rules me so as hard as it will be the day my relationship is ruined will be the best day of my life .... I'm terrified of the pre op diet tho hun I know it can put you on a downer from the shock of the diet hun so persevere with it, not too long left, am always here along with everyone else on here if you want a chat or rant or moan or cry or anything Haha xxx

HoPe*87* said:
And thanks for saying I'm pretty :) u are to :) see us bigger girls can be pretty to. Just wait till we are skinny and pretty xxxx

Your very welcome thank you so much, I can't wait to be skinny and pretty lol :p xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tonibones10 said:
I know I've not got much right to comment as I'm still far from my pre op diet let alone after but I'm already scared too hun but I'm sock of my relationship with food because it rules me so as hard as it will be the day my relationship is ruined will be the best day of my life .... I'm terrified of the pre op diet tho hun I know it can put you on a downer from the shock of the diet hun so persevere with it, not too long left, am always here along with everyone else on here if you want a chat or rant or moan or cry or anything Haha xxx

I think I need to get home in the morning have a good sleep and long hard chat with myself lol. Ur not as far away as u think it will be here before u know it and I'l be supporting u xxx

Aw your a sweetheart hun, I know we will get through it and feel so much better when we do get through :) xxx

Having my sleeve was the best decision I've ever made. I now eat to live as opposed to living to eat! I too had doubts but once you've had your op and the weight starts coming off, you'll realise you've made the right decision too :) x

Time to take yourself in the office and give yourself a stern word !! LOL You will be fine, it's just those pre op normal fears from the sound of things, as you have done with the smoking look at the positive not the negative... ok so you wont be able to go out and have pizza and sticky toffee pudding, but hey you wont want to when your slim and healthy! So stop worry about what you are not going to be able to have and start making lists of what you will be able to have...
smaller size clothes
a healthier heart
better mood
etc etc
Now, back to work for you xx

Tonibones10 said:
Aw your a sweetheart hun, I know we will get through it and feel so much better when we do get through :) xxx

Fingers crossed hun xx

OOnion said:
Time to take yourself in the office and give yourself a stern word !! LOL You will be fine, it's just those pre op normal fears from the sound of things, as you have done with the smoking look at the positive not the negative... ok so you wont be able to go out and have pizza and sticky toffee pudding, but hey you wont want to when your slim and healthy! So stop worry about what you are not going to be able to have and start making lists of what you will be able to have...
smaller size clothes
a healthier heart
better mood
etc etc
Now, back to work for you xx

Yes boss lol!! I know I just needed to hear all u lovely lot to give me this kick up the bum :) :) I'm just hungry lol xxx

HoPe*87* said:
Yes boss lol!! I know I just needed to hear all u lovely lot to give me this kick up the bum :) :) I'm just hungry lol xxx

Haha bless ya! That's the spirit lol Keep at it chick! Ya doin great were all willing to give u a kick up the bum! :D xxx

Back