• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

strange feeling

teen

post op loser
Hope I explain this right
The last couple of days I have had a strange feeling to the left side of my scar on my waist area. It feels like a pin is been stuck in me on the inside, it isnt all the time but it does feel weird and other post op's had this or just me

Hope that makes sense

Thanks

Funnily enough, I have had the same thing for the past week or so - but on the right hand side! To be honest, I haven't thought much about it as I get all kinds of 'niggles' but now you mention it, me too! (Sorry, have no idea what it is though!)

Its most likely to be the nerves knitting back together. If it's worrying you though, go see your GP.

I gotta go Dr on Wednesday for a sick note and ask him about my wound as there is still a hole where the infection was/is So will have a word with him

Thanx

Hope I explain this right
The last couple of days I have had a strange feeling to the left side of my scar on my waist area. It feels like a pin is been stuck in me on the inside, it isnt all the time but it does feel weird and other post op's had this or just me

Hope that makes sense

Thanks
Hi Teen, I had my op same day as you did and over the past 2 days I have felt a prickling sensation over my scars, then this morning after my shower I noticed one of the scabbed areas was coming off and with it came one of the internal 'dissolvable' stitches. I'd got about 1 1/2 inches out but it would not come out completely, if I pulled it it hurt so didn't try and persuade it. I also have hard lumpy bits to my scars which feel like there are stitches sealed underneath, this is where I'm getting the prickling feeling.
Don't know if this is normal myself I might ring the nuffield and ask them!
x x :)

Tis just the nerves most likely, they were severed when you were cut and take a little while to knit fully back. I still feel them now and then....

Its just part and parcel of laprascopic surgery.

But if you feel its a possible little infection, seek medical advice.

I am sure you will be fine hun :)

I had open op and have been on antibiotics for nearly two weeks Will ask on Wednesday

thanx :eek:)

I had open op and have been on antibiotics for nearly two weeks Will ask on Wednesday

thanx :eek:)

Hi there, I'm just 2 months post surgery and I had an open op too. I experience much the same as you are talking about and asked about it and was told it was everything knitting back together as it had all been cut and that it was nothing to worry about.

My wound has taken ages to heal and I still have two open parts to it although they are tiny now compared to what they were. I think with in 2-3 weeks it should be healed completely. I had thought I'd be having open parts for months and months but thankfully after a rocky start with it, mine opened as the staples were taken out, its finally got there and I'm sure yours will too.

Alia xxx

Well my belly was put back together with a type of glue, so the hospital told me when I asked why there weren't any stitches.

But I'm getting little needle type twitches every now and then as well, surely it's just healing and moving in to place, isn't it?

Back