• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stretched stomach?

Vanessa30

Hi. I was sleeved on January 14th and of coarse, for the 1st 8 weeks or so I could barely eat 4 bites of food (and sometimes still in the morning) but now that I can eat quite a bit more, I'm freaking out and constantly wonder if I've stretched my sleeve since I can eat a whole banana and some times 1/2 a hamburger, etc. Does anyone know how I would be able to determine if I've done something wrong?

My diet info from my provider states "meals should only be 150ml in size for the first six months then increasing by 2x tablespoon every six months until your goal weight is achieved and maintained. These "meals" should be of a low fat diet type.
I use a measuring cup American type
1/3 cup x 2 for each meal which is actually 160ml so this ensures I never over eat.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I had my bypass on the 2nd jan and my team says 125g of food or eat until I feel full and stop. I've eaten a whole small banana before but I do weigh my food and it weighed 66g.
I've only had a Qourn burger and ate the whole thing(33g it was) no bun though.

I don't think you've stretched your sleeve as that takes a while of over eating to do. Your portions don't sound big to me.

I wouldn't panic. I know there are many on here who eat more and are much further out and all is ok. If you were stretching it you would make yourself sick first I am sure!

It takes 9 months for the swelling to go down so you will find you can eat more. Don't panic just focus on eating the right foods x

I also am desperate to know what stretches the sleeve!! So paranoid about stretching it bec it can't be seen!

Can't advise on the sleeve, but certainly with the bypass it won't just happen. You will have knowingly abused it, and felt yourself pushing against the restriction regularly for it to happen.

gee yvessa!! havent seen you for so long... just looking at your photo and seeing this lovely girl!!! wow!! you have come so far!!!

I had a sleeve done the same time hune. I can eat a whole banana. I've over eaten a couple of times. It makes u sick or u feel ill. A mistake I try not to make anymore!

Back