• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Struggling to eat healthily

jaxx

I'm kind of struggling to eat properly at the minute. The physical act of eating is ok but it's just choosing the right foods.

I'm constantly craving carbs and usually end up choosing something carb heavy rather than protein heavy. Does anyone else have this problem?

Jaxx, is this for snacks or for real meals? I find it easier to eat well with my meals but that carb heavy foods really lend themselves to snacks. You can always substitute them for cheese rolled up in ham, cottage cheese, baby bells, smoked salmon rolled up, chicken bites. Depending on how far since surgery you are, obviously.

I know what you mean! Not had the same op but OMG I am troughing biscuits, pizza and bread lately. I am not brilliant at stopping the emotional eating.. I think you just have to start afresh immediately and not dwell on the wobbly moments with food as then you start comfort eating ...it's really hard to break out of the habit of reaching for something carby/sugary/fatty...it's the addictive quality of those foods unfortunately. So many people succumb to it :( Anyway...what I'm doing is trying to fit into a little tee shirt I have bought (I had my eye on it for yonks) from Truffle Shuffle and try not to dwell on slip ups.
I use Atkins advantage bars as well as they are good at satisfying that sweet/carby urge but then kill it dead as they are high in protein and low sugar so it doesn't feed the craving.
We all have our weak moments but don't forget that a lot of the foods we crave are pumped full of sugar and chemicals to make us eat and buy them to excess...pure evil!!!! Just wipe the slate clean and stick the before and during pics on all your food cupboards! You have done so fab and been through so much to get to this point and you DO have it in you to get to where you want to be...we all do! Just keep at it xxxxx

Maybe try following a low glycemic diet as i find if i eat low GI foods it limits the cravings for carbs and i feel much better xx

Back