• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

struggling

lousarah

Hi guys.

Im really struggling at the moment to eat enough.

Im not in pain or uncomfy even, im just simply not hungry.

This morning ive had half a cup of milk shake (slim fast) and its 3pm I should be hungry but im just not. I know if I dont eat enough ill put on weight and get sick. What can I have that wont make me feel full but gives me what I need. Like a 1200cal drink lol (joke).

Im taking vitamins and drinking plenty.

Any advice welcome.

Lou xxx

If you only had your surgery on the 23rd March, it's early days do don't worry. Just keep your fluids going in all the time, even milk if you can't get food in. It will come in time.

Why should you be hungry? You shouldn't really to be honest, so don't worry if you aren't. These early days post surgery, even if you didn't have any liquid put into your band, it still forms a level of restriction due to what can pass through it.

Don't worry in terms of what you're having or not, make sure you keep fluid intake up (water etc) and if you're not hungry don't have it. That hunger will soon be with you!

From day 3 to day 10 post surgery because milk bloated me, I was on clear fluids only, water, squash, tea or coffee. Nothing more, no milk, no dairy, and as my provider said to me, if you're not hungry, don't have it. But if you break it down into smaller amounts, make a slim fast thinner so its not so "bulky" but so you may feel like drinking it more . . .

But don't worry, or if you are, contact your provider. They should be your first port of call.

Back