• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Struggling:-(

lisa1983

Am struggling with my band I had it put in on 25/8/12 and since then I have been being sick on and off
I keep getting told To go back on liquid diet which I do do but a little while later am sick. :-(
I have been told and still am eating using small knife and fork eating slowly and to chew 20x hitch I am doing also o not eat after 20 mins from when I started my meal
I can be sick on anything take Thursday I ate 1small piece lettice and cucumber and was sick as any think Friday aspergus set me off again:-(
I don't mind keep going on liquids but it very boring:-/
I started eating again today and so far I've managed to eat breakfast of bran flakes then a small cooked lunch but again feel bloated:-< and little sick but haven't been sick
Thursday I go app with my dietitian to have my band first infill she told me if am not stop beeping sick by Tom there gonna take fluid out :-( this I don't want to happen as I want to lose weight and fast

But I weight my self la32 weeks ago and I lost 1/2lb and this week only lost 1/4 so still got 1/4lb to go to get into. The 15 am gutted am being sick but weight not moving even been to gym yesterday went a on long walk with kids still no weight change I don't no what else I can do and to top it off am feeling like crying today asi don't wanna go on but feel hubbie trying to be understanding but some times can't see why I get so up set as he I just wanna be slim like everyone
I no it's no magic cure but it so hard and when am not even losing a lb am counting all cals

Sorry for moan

Lisa x

Ps sorry if there lost of spelling I this only pipda won't let me re read it only first 3lines so even this is playing me up

lisa1983 said:
Am struggling with my band I had it put in on 25/8/12 and since then I have been being sick on and off
I keep getting told To go back on liquid diet which I do do but a little while later am sick. :-(
I have been told and still am eating using small knife and fork eating slowly and to chew 20x hitch I am doing also o not eat after 20 mins from when I started my meal
I can be sick on anything take Thursday I ate 1small piece lettice and cucumber and was sick as any think Friday aspergus set me off again:-(
I don't mind keep going on liquids but it very boring:-/
I started eating again today and so far I've managed to eat breakfast of bran flakes then a small cooked lunch but again feel bloated:-< and little sick but haven't been sick
Thursday I go app with my dietitian to have my band first infill she told me if am not stop beeping sick by Tom there gonna take fluid out :-( this I don't want to happen as I want to lose weight and fast

But I weight my self la32 weeks ago and I lost 1/2lb and this week only lost 1/4 so still got 1/4lb to go to get into. The 15 am gutted am being sick but weight not moving even been to gym yesterday went a on long walk with kids still no weight change I don't no what else I can do and to top it off am feeling like crying today asi don't wanna go on but feel hubbie trying to be understanding but some times can't see why I get so up set as he I just wanna be slim like everyone
I no it's no magic cure but it so hard and when am not even losing a lb am counting all cals

Sorry for moan

Lisa x

Ps sorry if there lost of spelling I this only pipda won't let me re read it only first 3lines so even this is playing me up

2weeks not 32 sorry

Oh I am sorry to hear that hon, I am a pre-opper so can't offer you any real advice. I hope you feel better soon. Can you call your provider and ask for their help? Looking at your stats though you have lost quite a bit of weight since the start, so you really should be proud of yourself! xxx

I think you should give them a ring. If they need to take a bit out it will be for th best, they know what they doing.

You may find you lose more when you eat more! Weird I know but I'm only on about 800 a day and I'm losing slow. Have 1st fill tomorrow so hopefully start kkicking in x

Not sure ... But to me it sounds as if you are too tight already. Loosening the band by de-filling slightly may make all the difference. It may mean you can eat more of the right types of foods and lose more weight. Sometimes if you are not consuming enough, the body holds onto every teeny bit you are managing to keep down!! Just to give you an example i lost far more eating 1100-1200 calories a day on average, than i did when on c 800 a day. Asparagus can be difficult for even long term banders to keep down, so at 5 weeks out I am not surprised you struggled. Keep your chin up hun and fingers crossed your dietician/nurse appointment starts everything going right for you xxx

Lisa, having a defill doesn't mean that you won't lose weight, it just will mean that the band is working as it should within the way it should and that you should be able to eat without being sick.

At the moment if you're not eating a great deal and what you are eating is making you sick, your body will hold on to whatever it can do and may stall weight loss. If you have a slight defill, to ease the sickness then you will be able to have more control over what you eat but also more choice because you wont be being sick.

You say you want to lose weight and fast . . .but you're not losing it at the moment with the fill . ..but having a slight defill will enable you to move forward and eat without being sick, which in turn is more than likely to kick start the weight loss too. :)

When I had my fill last week she said to me that the more liquid in the band does not equal greater weight loss and that it is important to get the balance correct so that you have restriction on the minimum amount of fluid, but not too much that its causing you to be sick. So having too much liquid in there will not mean that you are at optimum weight loss, but having some out, will enable you to eat . ..and am sure that the loss will then follow.

Also, some foods, asparagus and lettuce can be very difficult digesting wise, and my provider actually told me to go very careful with "fibrous" foods such as asparagus and heavy fibre containing foods in the early days.

SAS1 said:
Oh I am sorry to hear that hon, I am a pre-opper so can't offer you any real advice. I hope you feel better soon. Can you call your provider and ask for their help? Looking at your stats though you have lost quite a bit of weight since the start, so you really should be proud of yourself! xxx

Oh thank u x

Wobbly71 said:
I think you should give them a ring. If they need to take a bit out it will be for th best, they know what they doing.

You may find you lose more when you eat more! Weird I know but I'm only on about 800 a day and I'm losing slow. Have 1st fill tomorrow so hopefully start kkicking in x

Thank u I did call my provider who told me I should have a d fill. But to speak to Dietitan who keeps telling me to drink fluids

Good luck for Tom x

flutterby1966 said:
Not sure ... But to me it sounds as if you are too tight already. Loosening the band by de-filling slightly may make all the difference. It may mean you can eat more of the right types of foods and lose more weight. Sometimes if you are not consuming enough, the body holds onto every teeny bit you are managing to keep down!! Just to give you an example i lost far more eating 1100-1200 calories a day on average, than i did when on c 800 a day. Asparagus can be difficult for even long term banders to keep down, so at 5 weeks out I am not surprised you struggled. Keep your chin up hun and fingers crossed your dietician/nurse appointment starts everything going right for you xxx

Thank u for advice
I am speaking to Dietitan tomorrow she given me a call
Somthink need to start kicking in and I got to stop this feeling x

top_kat said:
Lisa, having a defill doesn't mean that you won't lose weight, it just will mean that the band is working as it should within the way it should and that you should be able to eat without being sick.

At the moment if you're not eating a great deal and what you are eating is making you sick, your body will hold on to whatever it can do and may stall weight loss. If you have a slight defill, to ease the sickness then you will be able to have more control over what you eat but also more choice because you wont be being sick.

You say you want to lose weight and fast . . .but you're not losing it at the moment with the fill . ..but having a slight defill will enable you to move forward and eat without being sick, which in turn is more than likely to kick start the weight loss too. :)

When I had my fill last week she said to me that the more liquid in the band does not equal greater weight loss and that it is important to get the balance correct so that you have restriction on the minimum amount of fluid, but not too much that its causing you to be sick. So having too much liquid in there will not mean that you are at optimum weight loss, but having some out, will enable you to eat . ..and am sure that the loss will then follow.

Also, some foods, asparagus and lettuce can be very difficult digesting wise, and my provider actually told me to go very careful with "fibrous" foods such as asparagus and heavy fibre containing foods in the early days.

Thank u Dietitan calling me tomorrow so think am gonna get d fill as I think it what my body needs as I feel I can't go on like this:-(

Thank u for advice x

Aww Lisa what you have described is the total opposite I of what we want isn't it ;( you poor thing sounds like you have had a really tough time!
Really hope they sort this out for you at you app X

((((Lisa))) let us know how the telephone call goes. I was sick today for the first time since I had my band, and that was from one spoon of yoghurt that just I dont know, made me feel blegh . . .

But definitely talk to the dietician, its all very well keep returning to fluids, but that isn't a way forward long term particularly either.

Hope you're feeling better *hugs* to you, give me a shout if you want to chat and vent and rant . . . :)

Kat x

Shabbs12 said:
Aww Lisa what you have described is the total opposite I of what we want isn't it ;( you poor thing sounds like you have had a really tough time!
Really hope they sort this out for you at you app X

And me I hope it gets sorted out ASAP

I hope ur ok x

top_kat said:
((((Lisa))) let us know how the telephone call goes. I was sick today for the first time since I had my band, and that was from one spoon of yoghurt that just I dont know, made me feel blegh . . .

But definitely talk to the dietician, its all very well keep returning to fluids, but that isn't a way forward long term particularly either.

Hope you're feeling better *hugs* to you, give me a shout if you want to chat and vent and rant . . . :)

Kat x

Thank u kat really means a lot !
sorry u were sick today as well
Will let u no how I get on she calling me at 420 is my app time
Lisa x

You definitely sound like u need a defill Lisa - I had to have a defill as I couldnt get no solids down ( only slider foods) and that isnt what the band is about, its about being able to eat but smaller portions and still keep the weight off, your dietitian telling you to do liquids all the time isnt the right thing to do either, after all if it was just about staying on liquids who would need wls eh lol - Wishing you all the best - BD xx

Lisa, how you feeling this morning hun?

Im glad to get back to work lol weekends are always harder for me cos I am around at home and feel hungry whereas at work, I could go all day without actually wanting anything . . .(its a great time for me to get fluids in lol) . . .

top_kat said:
Lisa, how you feeling this morning hun?

Im glad to get back to work lol weekends are always harder for me cos I am around at home and feel hungry whereas at work, I could go all day without actually wanting anything . . .(its a great time for me to get fluids in lol) . . .

Tbh Hun
I feel ok ish one of my sons is not well so focusing on him rather than me.

I could not face breakfast and am just trying to do some scrambled egg see if this stay in finger x it does as last time it never.

How are u?? And thank u so much for asking x x

BlueDiamond said:
You definitely sound like u need a defill Lisa - I had to have a defill as I couldnt get no solids down ( only slider foods) and that isnt what the band is about, its about being able to eat but smaller portions and still keep the weight off, your dietitian telling you to do liquids all the time isnt the right thing to do either, after all if it was just about staying on liquids who would need wls eh lol - Wishing you all the best - BD xx

I no am starting to relise this is not normal and I can't go on like this!
As I've had my band 5 week now so I should be able to eat with out being sick.

Think am gonna need a d fill like everyone keeps saying and am not as worried any more about this
Thank u for ur advice hope all well with u x x

Sorry to hear about your son :( not good when you're battling yourself!

Am glad to hear that you're not too worried about what you might be facing . . .it can be really disheartening though. I do find that eating habits have changed, I never used to eat breakfast anyway, but I don't actually even feel like anything until gone 12 at lunchtime, apart from a tea and coffee, I've just had a yoghurt, which is my breakfast.

Its hard to listen to your body tho . . .and I hope your scrambled egg stays with you . . .

x

top_kat said:
Sorry to hear about your son :( not good when you're battling yourself!

Am glad to hear that you're not too worried about what you might be facing . . .it can be really disheartening though. I do find that eating habits have changed, I never used to eat breakfast anyway, but I don't actually even feel like anything until gone 12 at lunchtime, apart from a tea and coffee, I've just had a yoghurt, which is my breakfast.

Its hard to listen to your body tho . . .and I hope your scrambled egg stays with you . . .

x

Thank u hun

He still poorly burning temp and just lead about all day so I been worried about him.

I no what u mean I don't eat till 11-12 ish

I have spoken to my Dietitan today for nealy an hour
She said it gd that I mange to keep scramble egg down and I've managed to keep tea down so far
She said that the nurse will decide on Thursday what best for me weather a d fill or non think put in if am stopped being sick.

So roll on Thursday I can't wait to see what am doing

It great no sickness today :)

X x

Back