• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

STS again- I need to go on a diet !

Miss Tickle

I' m really stuck. At nearly a year out my weight loss is practically nothing and I am very able to eat the wrong things. I need to do something drastic to move this last stone and three quarters. I've read posts which suggest shaking it up a bit, and changing the diet to confuse the body. Would that work?
And if so which diet would work best? The milk diet would certainly shock my body and although used for liver shrinkage pre-op is used for weight loss by some providers to get patients to show commitment and lose 5% EW. Is there any reason why we can't use that for a couple of weeks?
The cabbage Diet was pretty drastic, but never worked for me and I can't remember if there was any protein in it at all? Even so, for a fortnight would it really matter? Are there any other short term wonder diets that 'normal' people use to shift a few pounds rather than a few stone, that actually work?
I know slow and steady wins the race and all that, but I have never been good at slow and steady and really don't see why I shouldn't try for a sprint finish !
Ideas and comments please ( and be gentle, I'm in a miserable place again today :sigh: )

Ww has shaken me up....lost stone n half since going after stalling for a month!

If you want a sprint finish, go for a very low calorie diet like the Cambridge Diet, Slim and Save or Exante. You'll lose a stone in a couple of weeks, but it can be tough to stick to.

You are setting yourself up to fail as we all did in the past.Just look at your diet and go back to basics but not the milk diet.Its not for weight loss!Just to reduce glycogens in your liver,yes a by product is weightloss but its not permanent,its just a quick way of getting your liver ready to be moveable.Throw in some extra exersize and cut carbs down not out.We all fall back into old habits.Thats why it gets so much harder 12 months out.

I' m really stuck. At nearly a year out my weight loss is practically nothing and I am very able to eat the wrong things. I need to do something drastic to move this last stone and three quarters. I've read posts which suggest shaking it up a bit, and changing the diet to confuse the body. Would that work?
And if so which diet would work best? The milk diet would certainly shock my body and although used for liver shrinkage pre-op is used for weight loss by some providers to get patients to show commitment and lose 5% EW. Is there any reason why we can't use that for a couple of weeks?
The cabbage Diet was pretty drastic, but never worked for me and I can't remember if there was any protein in it at all? Even so, for a fortnight would it really matter? Are there any other short term wonder diets that 'normal' people use to shift a few pounds rather than a few stone, that actually work?
I know slow and steady wins the race and all that, but I have never been good at slow and steady and really don't see why I shouldn't try for a sprint finish !
Ideas and comments please ( and be gentle, I'm in a miserable place again today :sigh: )

i know how it is with the stalling, my dietitian told me we had to trick the body too, you could try the soup diet, its not too bad, 4 light yoghurts a day and 4 tins ww soups of any kind, it did work for me pre op - you could try it for a few days, if you choose the low fat yogs with high protein in it my just kick start you - but only for a week cos its a bit boring, not as bad as the milk one though, you can also have a pint of skimmed milk a day, as i dont drink milk i had a laughing cow light cheese triangle or two to take place of the milk, i am going to try this next week to try to kick start myself too xx

Thanks for your thought 's everyone. I don't want to get back into old habits but need to do something 'extra'. I'll have a think about the food and have increased my exercise and range of activities this week ( was just running and walking before)

Miss T know exactly how you feel. But like you say it's so easy to eat the wrong things. I personally stay the same no matter what I eat. This week ate rubbish and drank loads. The previous 3 weeks have been really good. Still the same, I honestly believe my body is where it is happy and at 12.7 who am I to argue with it. I think I have at least a stone in loose skin so minus that iam spot on.

well you certainly look fabulous HD. Do you know what your BMI is? I need to get mine closer to 25 as I want to see if I can get funded for plastics !

Miss Tickle said:
well you certainly look fabulous HD. Do you know what your BMI is? I need to get mine closer to 25 as I want to see if I can get funded for plastics !

Bmi is high end of 28 and have to be 27 here for plastics. Worked it out need to lose just over a stone and that never going to happen. So back to saving £2 coins in my skin tin x

I'm saving too. I spend hardly anything on food for myself now and I really need plastics. I'd be a size 12 trousers without my horrible apron. Think I'll try that soup and yoghurt diet for a few days ifI don't lose anything in the next couple of weeks. I've upped the exercise this week but feel really tired.
Oh, and still miserable
x

I do sympathise Miss T, I'm only 12 weeks out and I keep stalling already !

I am planning to rev my body up with a bit of food trickery...can't decide what's best but, probably will go down to 700 calories rather than the 1000 I have been on.

Your weight loss is very inspirational....hope you get out of the blasted stall very soon. x

We will get there in the end miss t.
To be fair I never thought I wud be a size 14 -16 ever again. I weigh lighter now than I did when I was 13 so if I stay the same I can't really complain. I do feel my body conscious now thou than when I was fat. Just mind games

Me too HD. It is wierd how I'm pleased with my wl and worrying that my bony bits look too bony and the next minute see myself in the mirror and think I look really fat!

Back