• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk diet HELP!!!!

Phabbsy1

Hello, I have been on the milk diet over a week now, the scales seem to have stopped going down, does anyone know why?, I could really do with being a few lbs lighter for my op day on Wednesday, what can I do?, I am currently on 4 pints of semi skimmed milk, a sugar free jelly and a cup of marmite and hot water. Any advice would be much appreciated x

Just stick with it some people don't lose weight it is to reduce the liver so that they can get at the stomach using key hole you recover much quicker for some the weight loss is a bonus the odd person has been known to put weight on so sit tight and keep on shrinking ya liver xx good luck YOU CAN DO IT XX

Hello, I have been on the milk diet over a week now, the scales seem to have stopped going down, does anyone know why?, I could really do with being a few lbs lighter for my op day on Wednesday, what can I do?, I am currently on 4 pints of semi skimmed milk, a sugar free jelly and a cup of marmite and hot water. Any advice would be much appreciated x

I was just the same. A quick loss then it crept back on then by the end of two weeks and op day I'd lost a little again but nothing significant like other seem to. However my surgeon was very happy with my liver shrinkage and even commented on it.
I did the same preop diet as you mention too. Try not to over think it and just plod on. It will be op day before you know it. That's when the real work starts. Good luck x

Its there to reduce and shrink the liver rather than to lose lbs so you may or may not lose anymore. Some people don't lose anything, some people lose lots, but the loss is a bonus to preparing the liver for the surgery.

Dont worry too much, its natural. On my two weeks, I lost 12 lb in the first week and 4 in the second. It just means your liver's reserves have been used up, and you're most likely burning fat. At this late stage you really just have to go with it. Why do you need to lose 2 more lbs?

Back