• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stuck Capsule!

elarkins

My multi vitamin capsule got stuck this morning and caused me to vomit... I had my lapband surgery 11 days ago, does anyone know if I could have done any damage??

Hello

I'm sure you haven't caused any damage but get yourself checked out if you are concerned. I've had a gastric bypass and in the early days my multi vitamin used to have trouble getting down. Then someone suggested just softening the tablet with a little hot water and it worked a treat. Good luck. Annie x

Thank you! I havnt had any pain or further vomiting so I think it's ok... Have you tried the chewable tablets? I think I will get some

You should be fine as you would have vomited from your oesophagus rather than your stomach - so it would be more like a regurde than full on vomit with contracting stomach. If in any doubt contact the clinic eh. All the best xxx

You cant vomit the same as before cos you dont have the stomach size to propel food out.Take your vits with a warm drink or take them out the night before to soften.

Back