• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stuck with blobs for my hols

happy days

So much for the 6 week waiting list to have my veins lazered. I phoned yesterday only to be told it's a 18 week list from the day the surgeon gets the letter and he has only just read it on Monday. Gutted I thought I was going to have at least one of my legs done before my hols. Was so looking forward to a pair of shorts :(
Typical of Sunderland Hosp

Oh am sorry to hear that was really interested in this procedure keep me posted as you go along enjoy your hols xx

what a bummer :( im sure youll have a great holiday though :) xxx

Sunderland hospital strikes again!!!! and on that note my friend who is awaiting a bypass went for endoscopy and was told if she could lose a stone in 6 weeks he would book her in for a bypass now due to personal issues she said she was sorry but she didn't think she could cope with the pressure so he said lose a stone come back in 3 months and we will look at it then but still to lose a stone. Fair enough I here you all say yes it was this was 2 weeks since she has just received the appointment and the date is ( drum roll). NOVEMBER which will be 8 months and they have changed her surgeon !!!!

As we all say Sunderland strikes again!

Apologies for hijacking your thread but I had to rant!!

goofy07 said:
Sunderland hospital strikes again!!!! and on that note my friend who is awaiting a bypass went for endoscopy and was told if she could lose a stone in 6 weeks he would book her in for a bypass now due to personal issues she said she was sorry but she didn't think she could cope with the pressure so he said lose a stone come back in 3 months and we will look at it then but still to lose a stone. Fair enough I here you all say yes it was this was 2 weeks since she has just received the appointment and the date is ( drum roll). NOVEMBER which will be 8 months and they have changed her surgeon !!!!

As we all say Sunderland strikes again!

Apologies for hijacking your thread but I had to rant!!

I never even met my surgeon until the night before the op. I was told I was under mr small never met him then dr balpuri done my endoscomy and listed me on his list. Then the night before my op dr Schroeder tells me he is my surgeon. Their surgeons are brill but their admin are a joke.
To make it extra bizarre it looks like my bypass surgeon will also be doing my veins.

how bizarre is that!!

I have spoken to the admin as I have received appointments from different surgeons and have said this only to be told that I must be wrong even though I had the appointment cards in front of me!!

good luck with getting your veins done god only knows what state mine will be in when I eventually lose some weight!!

thats frightening really, i saw mr. Balapuri 2times may be 3 think mr small did 1st endoscopy or his understudy 2nd endoscopy was by mr. Scroeder then my op was by MR.mAHAWAR who i met for the 1st time on the morning of my op never know who you r seeing next really think i have spoken to all secretaries of the above. queer state of affairs. xx

What a shame! Enjoy your hols and think how gr8 you'll look next year x

Having to wait 8 months until the next appointment really is rubbish! I have had letters saying I'm under every surgeon except Mr Small but only ever met Mr Gupta who is general surgery - who knows who's actually going to do my op. However, I couldn't care less who I'm under, which secretary the letter comes from or who finally performs the op - so long as I get the op in the end x

Back