• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stuck, stuck, stuck, stuck and stuck some more!!!!

JoJoTGirl

Guess what??? I'm Stuck! Stuck at 1lb under 7.5 stone lost. Has taken me 4 weeks to lose those last 6lbs too! Grrrrrrrrr!!!:mad:

Have definitely been allowing the carbs to creep up and replace the protein (until last week) but not going over board on actual calories. :sigh:

Have got a bit addicted to the gym and am going at least 4 times a week and really working hard these days with some swimming, walking and cycling in between. I can actually see some muscles developing and have still been shrinking just not shifting any bladdy weight and it's driving me nuts! :eek:

Is this a stall??? Is this because I have been eating more carbs and less protein??? Is this because I am muscling up a bit??? I don't want to just go back to cardio work at the gym because I really get a buzz from the weights (I'm not pulling them like a grunter, just fairly light but quite a few reps etc). My cardio is up to minimum 45 minutes a visit now and weights usually a good 30 mins and then I pop on a bit of powerplate too so how can I not have lost weight and how can I still be shrinking to a noticeable degree without loss???:(

Helppppppppp all you experienced chaps and chapesses out there! What should I change (apart from upping the protein and downing the carbs - I have put up a food list on the fridge now and am listing everything I eat to double check not overdoing the calories and to check myself on the protein intake).......only started this yesterday though. :confused:

I desperately want to shift that stubborn lb and 7 more before my 6 months check up in 3 weeks time!!!. :eek:

Sounds that you are gaining muscle weight and that is why you are shrinking, fat volume takes up more space that muscle volume so you are achieving exactly what you need to. Maybe you should find out where you could get on a scale that measures fat % and lean body mass. This will help keep you informed what your body is up to. The numbers are only one component of your journey and sounds like you are doing really well. The muscle gained from the weights will contribute to the after burn when you leave the gym so you are bound to see progress all the time. Don't worry, but I understand how you feel. We are all impatient once our goals are set.

Sounds like you are getting fitter and stronger too. The protein-carb swap and loads of water sounds like a good plan.

I hope I get addicted to the gym!

Just goes to show it's almost always what we are doing / eating that causes little pauses / slow downs. After a week of back to basics.....6 meals and protein on top of protein I am 5lb down and have passed the 7.5 stone lost mark. Very pleased and just as pleased that I was able to identify an issue and deal with it again. I might just pull this off you know! ; )

Thank you for posting this. It's fantastic tips for those of us coming up behind x

Sorry to hear your having some trouble shifting the pounds there JoJoTGirl. It is the lesser of two evils, exercising is needed to improve our weight loss, but you will also build muscle and you are training a lot which is great don't get me wrong. But muscle weighs much heavier than fat and takes up less room in the body. And because our diet is mainly centred around protein muscle will thrive whilst exercising. But the more muscle you build the quicker you metabolism will get and the more pounds you will lose, and those pounds will be body fat. Losing fat while building muscle, is a slow laborious process. And is frustrating, but your overall body shape will be look good and you reduce the risk of loose skin. Chin up hun, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Last edited:
Sounds like you are doing great jojoTgirl, and always remember that muscle weighs much more than fat so when you replace fat with muscle you will get a weight gain but will look fantastic!!! Like you I am now addicted to running and the gym I gym 5 times a week and run 5 kilometres most mornings and for a while at first the scales went up, but only because of building a little heavier muscle. My body has changed shape though and firmed up which is what we all want in truth not a figure on the scales.... In the old end its not what we weigh it is how we actually look and perceive ourselves that is important I think. xxxx

Back