• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stuck!

luckyla

Well, I see to be stuck at the moment. For the last couple of weeks I've stayed the same, which I'm still very pleased with :)
I've had some treats over Christmas which has been really nice.
When I weighed myself this morning I'd lost 0.2 of a pound. I'm now just over 7 months post op and am 3lbs off 7 stones weight loss :)
Has anyone else's weight slowed down/stalled at the same stage as me?

hi sweets yes me!! i had my op in april and so far ive lost 9 stones.... but im stalling ive had a fewwlbs gain over xmas, but today im back on track and have done my workout, i need to do the excersise that helps me to ive two stone to go! so close xx

Kelly: (and any other sleevers out there) I've just had a horrendous experience trying to eat a small amount of tuna melt. (no bread) I'm nearly 5 weeks post sleeve. Did you ever have this and what did you do about it ?

thanks!

Ruthie

cherry said:
hi sweets yes me!! i had my op in april and so far ive lost 9 stones.... but im stalling ive had a fewwlbs gain over xmas, but today im back on track and have done my workout, i need to do the excersise that helps me to ive two stone to go! so close xx

Hi cherry

Thanks for your reply.
It's a bit frustrating as I haven't gained which is really good, but I'm not losing either. I'm sure it will start to move again soon ;-)
Well done on your weight loss! Xx

Ruthiep said:
Kelly: (and any other sleevers out there) I've just had a horrendous experience trying to eat a small amount of tuna melt. (no bread) I'm nearly 5 weeks post sleeve. Did you ever have this and what did you do about it ?

thanks!

Ruthie

Hi Ruthie

I've not had a problem with tuna so I'm sorry but I can't really help you. What happened?

did it feel like something was stuck? and you get all hot and sweaty and your mouth fills with saliva?....

because this to happens to me and ive put it down to mild dumping that can happen with a sleeve... or just a food type that doesnt agree ... your very early post op what did your doc give you regarding how long to wait for eating food ie the puree stage, mashed stage,lupmy stage etc... at your stage i was still on very very small amounts of say mashed food or liquids like soup... maybe give it a few more weekson puree and liquids then try again... the fat contact might have been to high im not sure... you could call your team to put your mind at ease which is the best bet xx i reckon its cos its early doors and your tum is still very tender and healing xx

i find that i stall for few weeks then have a biggish loss that seems to be the way its going x

did it feel like something was stuck? and you get all hot and sweaty and your mouth fills with saliva?....

because this to happens to me and ive put it down to mild dumping that can happen with a sleeve... or just a food type that doesnt agree ... your very early post op what did your doc give you regarding how long to wait for eating food ie the puree stage, mashed stage,lupmy stage etc... at your stage i was still on very very small amounts of say mashed food or liquids like soup... maybe give it a few more weekson puree and liquids then try again... the fat contact might have been to high im not sure... you could call your team to put your mind at ease which is the best bet xx i reckon its cos its early doors and your tum is still very tender and healing xx

Nothing like you describe, no, just pain, like wind. I was told two weeks liquid, then two weeks mush, so now I'm past 4 weeks, I'm on solids supposedly. Maybe I should go back a stage as you suggest. soup with grated cheese seems reasonably ok, even though the grated cheese has a higher fat content than the sliced cheese (22% to 9%!) Oh well!

hmm its trial and error i suppose.... did you chew it enough? they say 30 times! mad i know and i struggle to do that x

Possibly not...but it was only mush before so I probably didn't see the point! You could be right though. Maybe I didn't chew it enough.

cherry said:
i find that i stall for few weeks then have a biggish loss that seems to be the way its going x

I'll try not to worry then if the same thing is tending to happen with you :) we had our surgery around the same time and have both had really good losses so far ;-)
Thanks for your reply xx

Back