• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Throwing my bathroom scales out the window...

Mio

I'm wondering if anyone else has had the temptation to do the same?

I'm almost 3 months out and - I have to say - weight loss has been really very slow. In that time I've lost just over a stone which is less than I was hoping/expecting.

However, my body shape has changed dramatically. In the past 12 months I've gone from a 24/26 to an 18/20! But my brain is still stuck on those digits on the scale, especially as I've stalled at 14 stone for over 3 weeks despite now having 4ml in a 10ml band. I'm still logging all my food and exercise and having around 1000-1200 calories a day.

I'm getting so close now to just getting rid of the scales and trying to get my head back on the right track. I did this so I would look and feel better and no-one's going to know how much I weigh!

Go for it Mio, lol :D My scales were banished to the garage for a few months cos we didn't see eye to eye ... they are back now but I don't speak to them much. :) If you have gone down so many sizes in clothing, who cares what the little numbers on the scales say, mwah xxx :):)

Huzzah! It's nice to know I have company :D

I think I will relegate them to the bathroom and get them out the bedroom where the temptation to use them is just too strong... *lol*

Another side effect of changing sizes is having to buy a whole new wardrobe - I'm so skint atm :eek:

im with you both on this one ,,,,,the loss of inches is far more rewarding than the loss of pounds,,,,plus every set of scales ive tried have said different ,and the feeling of getting into a size 18,is so so exciting,i wasnt an 18 when i was at school,,infact,its the first time in my life!so sod the poundage!haha x

i've been weighed twice at the hospital this week diabetic check monday and the dietitian today and my weights different on the two scales 115kg monday and 113kg today .....................must've been the poo before i got weighed today :D:D:D:D:D:D

anyways i don't weigh myself at home as i don't have scales :p:p:p:p

I refuse to have scales in my house as i feel I would have several Bridget Jones Moments and weigh myself everyday.

I go to boots once a week and weigh myself there!!

If you feel like you want to throw them out do it hun as it may knock your confidence.

On a plus side well done on the size 18

keep positive
xxx

I think I might do just that. It's denting my confidence rather than increasing it! Might remove them to the bathroom and see if I can do the once-a-week thing, and if not then I shall get rid of them and go somewhere else to keep an eye on things. Tbh, I generally know if I've put ona few pounds (whether food/drink or hormone-related!) so it's ridiculous! It's just so much weighs on your weight (pun intended *lol*)
I'd rather be recognised for how I look than by numbers on a scale!

to be honest, i wouldnt care if i weighed 20 stones if i was a size 10 :D xxx

Exactly! No-one's ever gonna know how much you weigh unless you tell them, but they are going to see what you're wearing!

Had a lovely boost today after seeing someone who used to work at my office and has been off on maternity leave for past 6 months. She took one look at me and said "Wow, you're looking amazing!" :-D

Mio, WTG! I've been the same, nothing moving much in the scales dept but losing inches. Since my last fill things have sped up quite a bit and I'm rarely hungry but it has been hard and at times upsetting, spending £6k and at one point only losing a blooming stone! I even logged calories and exercise too, BUT I think my body is FINALLY 'catching up' and dropping the weight, hang in there and try to only weigh once a week! lol
xxxx sharon

Nice to have some compliments isn't it?

I'm wondering if anyone else has had the temptation to do the same?

I'm almost 3 months out and - I have to say - weight loss has been really very slow. In that time I've lost just over a stone which is less than I was hoping/expecting.

However, my body shape has changed dramatically. In the past 12 months I've gone from a 24/26 to an 18/20! But my brain is still stuck on those digits on the scale, especially as I've stalled at 14 stone for over 3 weeks despite now having 4ml in a 10ml band. I'm still logging all my food and exercise and having around 1000-1200 calories a day.

I'm getting so close now to just getting rid of the scales and trying to get my head back on the right track. I did this so I would look and feel better and no-one's going to know how much I weigh!
I feel the same too - I had my band on 16 Nov with no fill in it, i recovered super quickly and now can eat as much food as ever - I lost 1st 4lb altogether although i have put on 3lb with all the crimbo drinking lo!
Its sooo hard to eat healthy when there is crimbo food and parties coming out your ears!
I don't have my 1st fill until 3 Januray :( BUT i do have my 2nd fill on the 11th so i'm holding out for Januray to be a FAB month!
Keep positive and bin the scales! They are soooo not worth it!
xxxx

I haven't been on here for ages as was feeling like I was the only one not succeeding with the band.
Had band fitted 4 months ago and only lost a stone so far since op (33lbs in total).
Had third fill on Monday, so 4.2ml now and finally feeling a difference.
But, shape has definitely changed and definitely feel better, and at least weight isn't going back on (which it would have been by now without band).
So, seem to be the tortoise rather than the hare, but sure we will all get there in the end!

Hello Mrs smith, I am glad u r feeling restriction. Tbh until my visit to dietitian on Saturday she said that it takes several adjustment before u feel restriction. So have 5ml in a 10 ml band and don't have much restriction but been really strict with myself so weight is coming off steady. But I know I am not there yet so don't feel disheartened. Keep with it and keep posting especially when u feel down ad this is what we r all here for support. I would hate to thing people r struggling alone. We r all on the same boat :):) xxx

to be honest, i wouldnt care if i weighed 20 stones if i was a size 10 :D xxx

I agree with Caren. For me size and shape are more important than weight

Hi Mrs Smith don't know if you remember me, but we both had our band on same day (different hospitals).

I am also in the same boat as you and have not lost any weight since beginning of Sept!!! 2 stone and nothing since. My band is 6ml full (14 ml capacity ) and I am not eating right. I am so fed up and need to start losing soon. It is more difficult than I thought, but I know I will get there and I am sure everyone else will get there.

Take care love Cheryl x

Hi Cheryl,
Good to hear from you, I'm sure we will get there in the end. I also need to make better food choices and get my head around leaving food on my plate, also need to give the wine a miss a bit more often! ;-)
Here's to getting through the temptations of Christmas and to a healthier and slimmer New Year!
Sarah x

The scales are the devils own spawn! I think they should be like cigarettes and have a gov't health warning. They can make or break a week.

I don't own any, i will never own any and i don't know how much i weigh now. I do know i need to shift another couple of stone, i also know i need to address my diet but with the marital breakdown and unsettledness at home i been eating rubbish. However i know it and don't need scales to tell me this.

I love the way my size 14/16 tell me i'm not fat like before, and that's good enough for me!

Back