• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

stupid IIH

Nanny Og said:
I'll definitely be keeping you posted on progress post op. Just wish I could lose a bit pre op. Need to get my head sorted.

I'll be glad when I'm on the pre op diet cos I know food can't be an option

I'm starting slimming world with my sis tonight trying to lose as much as poss pre op as I have a lot! To lose post op as it stands now, but im really doing it to try help ny head too cos it really hurts.... thank you for keeping me posted :) Xx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

Big joe said:
hi...hope u get better real soon xx

Thank you so much , its a long journey to getting rid but I'm hoping my bypass will help! Xx

I'm feeling it with you hun xx

I feel like banging my head on a stone wall just to feel something different, poor us, :S Xx

Hi im new here and have just seen your post on IIH.
I have Benign Intracranial Hypertension*which I think is now called IIH. I know how you feel about the headaches, I've never felt pain like it. My GP missed it and put the headaches down to stress. I saw so many doctors and they all said stress. For 6 months they wouldn't listen and I ended up losing my sight due to the pressure on my optic nerve. Best thing ever to come out of it was my guide dog. I have never met anyone with BIH/IIH and it would be great to hear from other pople with it. Has surgery helps anyone?

Hi Beth. Your story sounds like mine although luckily a fantastic optician diagnosed me after being ignored by lots of doctors!

Since my surgery I have come off my meds and touch wood it seems to have gone. Always vigilant about it coming back but so far so good.

Back