• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Successful vs non successful

coffeepod

What do you think are the main difference between those who lose with the band and those who don't? Is it about regular fills and aftercare, deliberately 'cheating' the band, general eating habits or something else?

I have my consultation next Thursday and the op scheduled for the 17th December, I'm incredibly anxious about it not working for me. I don't want to fail!

I've chosen to go with Healthier Weight, as they say they have the lowest complication rates and highest success rates, and I've seen positive reviews about them. Do you think the company can make any difference to your likelihood of success?

Hi
I think the right surgeon can help as can following all the rules and not over filling and having good aftercare I was very successful with the band I list six stone followed every rule in the book but unfortunately still developed problems three years down the line think it suits some better than others and some of it is luck. Good luck all you can do is exactly what you are told and try your best and hopefully you will be fine Xx

Success ...failure a very fine line..... I believe mind set is also key.....knowing the band is just a helping hand not a magic cure..... you have to do the hard work just like most diets too ..... had my band fitted 21 months ago its still empty and have lost most of my weight..... I've had stalls and gains too but have pretty much sorted my head along the way....I feel I can tackle this now with my band as back up should I need it :) as Monalisa says you have to follow the rules, be prepared for problems just in case anything should go wrong..... good luck

Being patient and not being over filled and just sticking with it because you are losing. Follow the directions of your doctor and always try to be in a position where you can eat most solid protein sources. In my experience its when people get in a position where it's easier to just eat slider foods (mash, yogurt etc) because eating good proteins is too hard they get into trouble because the yoghurt turns to cake, cream, biscuits etc.

Thanks for your thoughts! I'm very worried about the convenience aspect, I'm a mature student so time is a bit of a premium for me. I'm thinking of doing a VLCD for the first month or two to kind of 'reset' my brain. I'm not sure if it'll be helpful or not really!

I've also bought some Huel, which is a meal replacement shake that isn't as restrictive with calories and carbs, so might be good for days when I'm in a rush and can't find time to make anything healthy.

I've been reading the success statistics and it seems to be more promising than I feared!

Back