• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2020 is my year of change!

Mimi_LDN

Hello. After two years of pushing for weight loss surgery I've finally been offered an Endoscopic Sutured Gastroplasty in January 2020. To say I'm excited is an understatement!

I think this surgery is also called Gastric Plication (Wrap) on this forum too? Am I using the correct lingo? 💁🏾‍♀️

I've got a myriad of health issues- an autoimmune disease, pcos and recently knee pain so need to drop the extra weight off to help. My BMI is 51 currently.

I've been on this site for loads of information and feel it only fair that I now get involved.
Taking this step has been hard as I've had negative opinions forced on me regarding surgery ( lazy, quick fix) and seen a relative fail with their own gastric band. I recognise that it's a tool and am determined to be successful. I've not told my immediate family / colleagues about it as a result.

Good luck to anyone who feels suitably adrift and those who are undergoing their own, respective journeys.

Mx

Hello. After two years of pushing for weight loss surgery I've finally been offered an Endoscopic Sutured Gastroplasty in January 2020. To say I'm excited is an understatement!

I think this surgery is also called Gastric Plication (Wrap) on this forum too? Am I using the correct lingo? 💁🏾‍♀️

I've got a myriad of health issues- an autoimmune disease, pcos and recently knee pain so need to drop the extra weight off to help. My BMI is 51 currently.

I've been on this site for loads of information and feel it only fair that I now get involved.
Taking this step has been hard as I've had negative opinions forced on me regarding surgery ( lazy, quick fix) and seen a relative fail with their own gastric band. I recognise that it's a tool and am determined to be successful. I've not told my immediate family / colleagues about it as a result.

Good luck to anyone who feels suitably adrift and those who are undergoing their own, respective journeys.

Mx
Hiya, good luck with your surgery, I'm not familiar with the type of surgery your having, I think you have to be brave to go under the knife to change and save your life, it certainly isn't easy or a quick fix, I've had gastric bypass and you have to work at it every day, I've just had Christmas, not eaten nearly as much as before, but my body just loves to gain weight and I've put on 5lbs, I'm not worried, back to normal eating now and it will come off again. You have to do what you feel is right for you. Please keep us posted with how you're getting on x

Mx
Hi and welcome, I have heard of the wrap but don’t know of anyone who’s had it, good luck with your surger. It’s far far far from being the easy option and requires continuous work but it’s definitely worth it, keep in touch x

Hi and welcome. Good luck with your surgery. I'm 5 most post rny bypass. Definitely not the easy choice and I've been really lucky in my recovery and my pouch is quite laid back.

Mx

Mx

well done ignore Negativity stay focused no time for distraction you've come to fare to listen to rubbish put the blinkers on and go for it that's what i'm doing i have Appointment to see surgeons next wk it's been a long process that i'm learning from

Back