• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's my surgiversary today

thank you all for your kind words...it looks like my date will be 2nd July 2010 for removal :sigh:

they gave ya a date Yvonne ?

I'm sorry to hear the only resolution is to have your band removed. At least you now have a date and that time will zip by now. Fingers crossed you can get some compensation from your provider that clearly has not been there for you when you needed them.

Good luck hun. xx

they gave ya a date Yvonne ?

yes Liz, the nearest they could offer was Friday 2nd July which is about 6 weeks away...looks like an overnight stay and the liver shrinking diet beforehand :spit:

thankyou John...I still can't believe it's come to this and struggling to come to terms with it, but the months of pain have been awful and I struggle even with the softest of food which the dietician told me to have until the problem is resolved.

yes Liz, the nearest they could offer was Friday 2nd July which is about 6 weeks away...looks like an overnight stay and the liver shrinking diet beforehand :spit:

i also waited 6 weeks for my initial band removal apointment the 1st time, has the pain eased any ?, when i went band to band i didnt have to do the pre op diet, i would ask then you know where you stand x

today is my surgiversary 25th May.

I hardly slept a wink last night thinking about this silly predicament I find myself in :sigh: I had a few silent tears (don't want to upset OH) and stitch pains all night and wonder how much of it was due to stressing about having the band out?

I keep getting a burning sensation just under my left ribs, not like acid in the throat but like a heat radiating from the left side towards my port and wonder if I let them fix my port instead would it settle things down?

I most days have to take Co-codomol (30mg) because of the pain I'm having with my knees but this can make me constipated, could this cause stitch pain in the left side?

I'm terrified at the thought of not having the band and am having constant battles in my head, should I just live with the pain and make do?

My eating over the last year has become very poor even with next to no restriction. Would I be on a hiding to nowhere if I had my port fixed and started having even a small fill, could the dietician re-educate me?

lots of questions that I know I should perhaps speak with a nurse about, but feeling too emotional today and don't want to cry on her :cry:

It's only natural to feel the way you are Yvonne, especially today. Try and take it easy today, but you really should speak to someone about your predicament soon as you must have some sound advice on how to go forward. I suspect you don't want to discuss it too much with your OH, but do you have a close friend that could go with you when you have an appointment?

Thinking of you,
John xx

thankyou John...I think I've discussed it to death with OH and he just wants me to feel well again, he's very supportive but I have so many unanswered questions now (my fault as these things never come to mind when you're asked if you have any questions :rolleyes:) I'm at the support group on Thursday and will be able to have a chat with Liz and others...just having a wobble today :eek:

I hardly slept a wink last night thinking about this silly predicament I find myself in :sigh: I had a few silent tears (don't want to upset OH) and stitch pains all night and wonder how much of it was due to stressing about having the band out?

Yvonne i really feel for you and i 100% understand how your feeling right now as i felt the same way when i found out i needed band no1 removed.

I keep getting a burning sensation just under my left ribs, not like acid in the throat but like a heat radiating from the left side towards my port and wonder if I let them fix my port instead would it settle things down?

I cant explain the sensations your having as ive never experienced this before with banding, maybe the port or the line is lay on a nerve and creating these feelings. Do you really in your heart only want another port correction ? If i was in your situationa fter all you have been through i wouldnt, i know our situations are different but sort of similar, but the reason im now opting for bypass is because i want this to be the last time i need to be fixed and have the permancy of the bypass, most patients thats converted say that the bypass is so much easier to live with than banding, but ultimatley only you can decide what you feel is best for you x

I most days have to take Co-codomol (30mg) because of the pain I'm having with my knees but this can make me constipated, could this cause stitch pain in the left side?

Ive never heard of this causing a stitch pain, i would of thought it would of helped ease the pain not make it worse.

I'm terrified at the thought of not having the band and am having constant battles in my head, should I just live with the pain and make do?

No way should you live with the pain, you have been through enough and now at least theres light at the end of the tunnel regarding sorting you out, living with out a band also terrified me, but they im sure will offer you a further surgery and they will discuss what will be the next best way forward for you x

My eating over the last year has become very poor even with next to no restriction. Would I be on a hiding to nowhere if I had my port fixed and started having even a small fill, could the dietician re-educate me?

Only you can decide if you want to give banding another go, partly why i didnt want another go myself even though its worked well for me twice is theres so many unhappy banders for various different reasons and i wanted a end to that for me, at the support group no one seemed happy with there banding and also said they wish they had opted to go with a bypass, this is very sad but also true :(

lots of questions that I know I should perhaps speak with a nurse about, but feeling too emotional today and don't want to cry on her :cry:

Kim isnt coming to this months meeting which is unfortunate as a chat with her may of been benificial, you could always ring her for a chat just ask the main desk to put you through, if shes not there she will usually ring you back, i will be attending on Thursday and we will have a good old natter then x

Speak soon.......:hug99: from Liz x

Back