• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sugar and fat content for the purees or anything

everpositive

I dont start my mush till a week or so but have decided that I'll crush the boredom of being at home next week by preparing and freezing smurf style portions of purees I will be able to have. Have read the puree recipe section with interest, and will take many of these on in my project coz they look great.

Going for my first visit to the supermercado tomorrow and am just writing myself a list. I've got all the obvious stuff that will mash right down and then be squeezed through a sieve, but do the follow mush into puree easily??
Egg mayo (low cal of course)
Tuna mayo (" " " )
Baked beans
Creamed mushrooms

Please do tell me wot else will willingly have the b'jesus squeezed out of it!!! Thanks.

But the main thing after my sorry affair with the tomato soup, is to know whats a major no no for sugar content in ready made products. Is it no more than 5gms per 100gms?

Also does the same apply for fat/saturated fat content? Or is it just the high sugar stuff that dumps you?

As ever guys and gals, thanks in anticipation xx :confused:

Hi hun. I happy to share with you my experiences but remember everyone gets different instructions from their bypass team so it is always to follow their advice first!

As for your list, I would consider most of these items as 'soft foods' which for me came after two weeks of puree:

Egg mayo (eggs in general aren't easy for many people so you may only want to try a tiny bit and see how you get on)

;)Tuna mayo (can be a bit pasty to start off with, I used low fat yogurt to make it smoother)

Baked beans (if you puree them and check the sugar they should be okay but I don't know how nice they will taste, remember bb are usually made in a tomato sauce w/sugar)

Creamed mushrooms (definately not a first food, mushrooms are fiberous and might be hard to digest early days)

For purees I stuck to boiled veg (most kinds that aren't stringy or fiberous), baby foods Heinz makes a line called 'Mum's Own Recipe' which are nice, meat/fish/poultry pureed in a gravy or sauce, and soups of most kind (skip any with pasta or rice base) pureed smooth, again Heinz has some nice spicy ones which I enjoyed. I also ate all the recipes I posted on the other thread and had a lovely variety to enjoy.

Is it no more than 5gms per 100gms?
That was what I was advised to use as a guide. It is probably wise for you to use this one since you have had dumping which means the surgery is working for you and now you are sugar sensitive.

Also does the same apply for fat/saturated fat content? Yes, fat can make you dump as well because your body turns fats into sugars during digestion so just try to watch your fat. Some people have a stronger tolerance for fats than sugar so it may be trial and error for you with fat.

HTH
:pN

I to am going to spend next week making some puree's up as i'll also be starting back at work as well as the stage purree as i go back to work, so i am going to make myself a butternut squash soup and some pureed vegs parsnip and carrot are great, and yes celeric is a great substitute for potato, not sure what i will do protien wise milk products for sure, perhaps some cream cheese in the celeric would be good, can but try,

anyone else got some idea's?

Back