• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sugar free sweets... do u have them?

fatbutnot4long

ok ok this is more for the lovely ladies.. but im due on tomorrow and want want want some sweets - this weeks (the week b4) drives me mad every month and nothing takes the craving away! so the lovely steph replied to my status on fb.. and told em about sugar free sweets! i never knew u could have them...

anyway i found a site that sold lots and bought lots.. (£51 worth) it wa slike goin shoppin pre op when i was hungry .. i would buy everything i liked the look of and well i just did it again! i dont intend to eat them all myself.. my brother is training hard at the mo and has a low sugar diet so he will have half HOWEVER how many of u have these as im already feeling greedy and i havent eaten anything yet! r they bad? these would last me a loooooonnnnggg time and r really just for that 'week b4' as i dont normally crave sweet thing.. all advice is welcome and needed.. thanks in advance xx

I eat sugar free sweets quite regularly but I do have to be careful as they do give you the squits if you eat too many. But as I'm on a contraceptive pill that stops my totm I don't get the whole pmt problem. But they're handy if you've got a bad taste in your mouth as well.

thanks sweet! i feel bad £51!!! gosh! there was so many i didnt wana choose! they will last me ages .. i dont norm liek sweet things.. im a recovering crisp junkie if anything! i cant have 1 bag id have to eat um all! so glad i cant do that anymore! xx

First thing is be warned, the sweetener they use, acts as a laxative. So I would suggest just try a small piece and see how it goes, I would definitely advise caution. They can also be quite high in fat so again, use with caution. I do use the diabetic chocs from Thorntons, but as I have had diabetes for over 20 years, I know they are OK for me, and I just buy one bag and they have to last me for that week, as I also get sugar cravings each month. I suppose the dilemma is will just a small amount satisfy your craving? And now you have got such a stash will you be able to resist, cos I know damn fine I wouldn't! HTH Dawnx

steph did say they can give me the runs.. umm.. well half of them are for my brother so theres only gunna be half the stash here.. and i should be ok with wanting them as the hubbys choc is here and im not botherd by that as i dont really do choc! as i say its just once a month. i am plannin to only have one maybe 2 sweets a day for the week be so they last me a long time aswell..BUT on that note i never planned to get this fat yet i did! :( x

Ive never been a huge sweet eater but lots of people around me have been sucking on sweets lately and whilst I didnt want what they have (scared of dumping) I did feel a little left out and read on here somewhere about the Sula sweets and so when I went to get my supplements for my hair I saw them and bought them and one or two a day is just about perfect as they do taste quite sweet, in fact to me they taste like full sugar werthers and they are a sweet sweet (if you know what I mean lol).
If you ever go a bit silly with them you will learn a good lesson because you will have a poorly tummy. I learnt that with thorntons diabetic chocs pre-op, one was fine, two would make my tummy wobble and any more would give me the crazy squits and as they are so moreish I made the mistake a couple of times but that last time really wiped me out and from that day I wont touch it again, that and the fact that I no longer eat chocolate helps lol
You will find that once you know how many you can safely have you will automatically limit yourself to that number (I can safely have 3-4 of the sula sweets in a day before I get windy) as it is a bit like having too much sugar after your bypass, you have that same fear as you do of dumping.
I dont have them often, Ive only had them once since surgery but I feel that once in a blue moon (or a red moon if you know what I mean!!!) isnt going to harm you if you are sensible with them.
Steph xx

We went to the Lake District on Vallentines Day, and there is sooooooooo many confectioners there. A little like Thorntons shops. I was gob smacked at the price of diabetic sweets I had 100g of rum & butter @ £2.99:eek: 1 sweet lasts me 1/2 hour and I still have 9 sweets left from then. But it does take the craving away at least. Gail x

Back