• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hey I'm new and just over 3 weeks to my op

mrsstreet

Hey well the title says it all really. Ive finally taken the plunge and booked my gastric band with healthier weight in Southampton for Monday 15th April!

I'm very excited, but a little anxious. I'm going to start stalking lots of threads now to get myself a bit more prepared.

If anyone has advice please do pass it across as much as I've thought about the op, I've focused more on the outcome than the procedure eeek.

Welcome to the site and congrats on your upcoming surgery! :) Stalk away - there are lots of useful threads and helpful members on here x

Hi, welcome. I have my bypass operation on 15 April as well. You will find great information and helpful people here. Not long now until your op, bet you're excited. I sure am.

Yes Very excited but also nervous, I received all of my pre op info this weekend, so I have had lots and lots of reading to do. 3 weeks today so I'm officially on my pre op diet too!!

Welcome - I have had my band for 7 months now and also went with Healthier Weight. I have found them to be great, pre, during and post op. They give comprehensive guidelines which vary quite differently from most, but follow them to the letter . . .they are there for good reason :)

I've lost just over 7 1/2 stone in just under 7 months . . .and love my band. It isnt always easy, I didn't have any restriction until a few weeks ago, so the loss has come from sheer willpower and lots of hard work. Carefully monitoring what I eat and also lots of exercise, they give you a comprehensive guide which gives detail about the foods to eat and when, stick with that, exercise well and all should go well - its not the answer to weight loss, it won't do it all for you, it takes a LOT of effort and work, but, its a great

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, and best of luck with your op mrsstreet :)

Good luck x

Back