• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Suitable menu ???

RoseA

I'm going out to dinner with some friends at the end of July when I'll be on week one of my transition to solid food. Only one of my friends knows I've had WLS. This is where we're going... SOUK :: Home ::

I think the menu looks OK, and there'll be lots of dishes on the table to pick at so I won't have to face a whole plateful... what do you reckon ? Should I contact the restaurant beforehand and check anything out ???

I just checked out the menu and yummm i'm hungry now :) xx

I see hummus and chick peas and proteins there, but let one of the more experienced bypassers say regarding suitability xx

Having just looked a the menu I'm :drool:

The menu looks perfect, lots of yummy food on there you can eat! African food is great and Julie's already picked out the humous and chick peas. There's also halloumi, feta, lamb, chicken, fish, grilled pita, couscous etc.

In fact there's not very much you can't eat there, perhaps avoid the potato dishes which will be heavy on carbs. If you're able to just pick at dishes then just try a forkful of whatever you fancy. Perfect type of meal, enjoy!! :eat: xx

In fact it looks so good I've bookmarked it to try out myself :D

I find banquet type meals are the best, especially when you are going out with people who don't know you have had surgery, nobody is plonking a big plate full of food on your plate and expecting you to eat it and noticing when you don't eat much. Good company also means you can natter a lot and you get lots of time between mouthfulls to take it slower. Looks like a nice place, enjoy

Rx

Back