• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre op Question

AA1234

HI everyone. I am due my band op next thursday. I was asked to do pre op diet (soup and shakes) for 5 days beforehand. However, I decided to do it for 10 days to get my mind ready for liquids and to loose more weight so that I have less to loose using the band.

Anyway, I am now on day 4 and all is well. I have lost 6lbs. It is my Mother-in-laws 60 birthday meal on Sunday (lunch) and nobody knows about this op apart from my husband. It is a lovely restaurant and they do great low fat salads etc. Do you think it would be ok for me to have a very light meal on Sunday a the restaurant. I was thinking of then just having a shake for breakfast and one for dinner, plus my evening walk.

IT is not that I want to be able to have a meal on Sunday I just don't want 100 and 1 questions. People know I am on a soup and shake diet but they wont understand why I wont just have something very small at lunchtime when we are out for a meal.

You have done marvellously! I would go for a low fat/lean chicken/fish/salad/veg option, try to avoid carbs if you can. Enjoy!

Sounds sensible hun, good of you to think ahead. And if anyone asks why the small meal, say I 'm just not very hungry because in a very short time that will be true!!

Best of luck hun & keep up the good work,
Nic:D

I agree with Liz and Phats....I was on a liquid and soup diet but had to have 3-5 portions of low carb fruit and veg a day in addition but stay under 1000cals so I think the salad would be just fine :)

Back