• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunderland gastroscopy

summer9810

Hi all I'm really upset after loosing over four stone since jan this year I finally had my gastroscopy on Friday and was asked if id stopped smoking to which I replied no.... The dr said well I won't be putting you on the list until you have stopped??? I wasn't even aware I should have stopped for this appointment all I was told was that you need to have stopped before the operation and because I know it's roughly five months after gastroscopy I didn't feel the need to have stopped now!! So now I have to wait another 3 months for another appointment and then I'll be put on list I am so angry and upset I feel like throwing in the towel instead of it being around 5 month it's going to be 9 months plus :( :( any idea if I could speak to someone to have this decision over ruled??? Also does anyone have the number to speak to the team at Sunderland I've recently moved and my letters are all packed away many thanks for reading this x

hi there i have no clue about sunderland but wanted to wish you goodluck with both the smoking and the wls

What's three months compared to the rest of your life?

OK it's a setback, but other people have operations cancelled and all sorts when they've waited months and have to deal with it. It happens.

It's annoying but now you know what you have to do.

You're lucky enough to have funding so I'd make the most of it and crack on with quitting :)

I wish you the very best!

I agree with Banderbird. You will get there at the end. 3 months is not that long and your body will be more prepared for the surgery itself. Good luck.

Hi if you click on JUST LIZ she is a former patient and used to run th epatient support group at the hosapital, she now runs a group poutside of the hospital wich is patient led. Give her a line xxx

Back