• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunderland pre-op appointments

Grace

Hi guys and gals.

Just a quick question about SRH:

I have my pre-op appointment on Wednesday....but I've just got home to find ANOTHER appointment to see the bariatric nurse on Friday.

Can anyone shed any light on what this one's for please?

It's a long way to travel TWICE in a week and then again on Monday to be admitted.

Many thanks

Oh, also...my hubby was going to stay with friends in Sunderland whilst I'm in hospital, but they can't have him now. :(

Can anyone please recommend a cheap guest house/B & B where he could stay? (he could stay with his Mum but I don't get on with her and I don't want her to know I'm having the surgery :eek:)

again, many thanks.

charis babes maybe its last min tests? i defiantly understand about the travelling and staying over i to will have this problem when its my turn and with my hubba good luck hunni xx

ring appointments or the bariatric nurse to Query this, explain you dont live locally and this may be a problem for you, and they may put the 2 appointments in the same day, i dont know any b&b's in s/land but could always google it as im sure there will be plenty near by SRH X

Thanks Liz. I will try to ring tomorrow. I didn't know you you had to see the bariatric nurse pre-op, is that normal?

What have I been whinging on about Sunderland Admin for over the last few weeks! Just another'blip' I suppose! - Paul x

oooo charis i wonder if thay have a premeir inn there? you can stay there form 19 pound a night........ x

o brilliant kay!! when its my turn my hubbi will have to stay to! well i hope he can! if familiy can have our boys, if he cant he ll have to drop me off and ill be on my lonesome sniiiiiiiiff x

admin...........

:eek:

SRH admin does it again!

I rang the admin for the bariatric nurse appointment quoting the letter, which says:
'if you can't make this appointment or would like to re-arrange it, please ring'
..........the very nice lady explained that because the bariatric nurses make their own appointments, there was NOTHING she could do...and passed me on to Mr Schroeder's secretary!

Mr Schroeder's secretary was genuinely REALLY, REALLy nice and helpful...but also VERY confuzzled! :confused:

Because she couldn't for the life of her understand why I had an appointment to see the bariatric nurse in the same week as my pre-op appointment!

it was quite amusing as I could hear her muttering about her confusion under her breath! :D

So, she comes back on the phone and says, that I shouldn't be seeing the bariatric nurse AT ALL this week and she's cancelled it!

Turns out that the confusion has arisen because I ASKED to attend an information seminar after I'd seen the psychologist.......this has completely messed up their system!
(I asked to come t the seminar because I thought as much information as possible would be helpful: and I hadn't been invited to one originally!)..........so basically, they've got ONE Charis Peters going through their system TWICE!

Mr Schreder's secretary sounded well frustrated.....and now I come to think of it, The bariatric nurse was very confuzzled when I turned up at the seminar! :D

What is now making me giggle, is the thought of me getting another appointment for surgery about 9 months after I've had it done already!

It's really NOT funny....but you have to laugh!

Looks like I've completely screwed up their system. OOOOOOOOOOOPS!:eek:

well at least its sorted charis! pheeeeew not gonna have to travel there again. where do you live? how long is your journey? mines around 4/5 hrs!!! eeeeek im stressing at the mo as im trying to arrange to get up there in oct! :-( i can drive but im scared of driving lol madness i know x

Hi Kelly I live in Harrogate in North Yorkshire. It's not too bad a journey, usually about an hour and a half.

We've found a nice guest house next to the Roker Hotel for hubby. £25 per night including brekky...nice and near the pub and overlooking the seafront. :)

We often use Premier Inns but to be honest they're not that economical when it's just for one person, and don't include brekky.

He'll be well sorted! (and also he can reminisce about the long lost Roker Park days!)

wow Kelly you do have a long way to travel, im 15 mins away and i moan bout driving there, i dont like driving either lol :) x

i HATE driving passed my test on an army driving course and had a day n half!!!! so i dont have much confidence!! x

Back