• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunderland Royal - Provisional date!!

ChefClay

Received a phone call today from Mr Small's secretary @ Sunderland Royal. Provisional date for my op has been set for Friday 17th. September this year!
Amazing that I have been waiting so long for this day to come and now my mind is in turmoil! All of a sudden it's weeks, not months, that my whole life changes for ever. Nervous, apprehensive, hungry!?, certainly no doubts though that this is still the correct way to go. I only have to look in the mirror to remind myself of the size I have become through very little effort over the years! The eating honeymoon is now over, time to get serious over my health. I love life and I am blessed with a beautiful wife and family, I want this to continue on my terms and not my overweight body to dictate my future. Bring on the 10 day fast, shrink my liver and slither my gut Mr Small, I am ready for the the future challenge! - :feedtroll: Paul

paul i am so pleased for you - a date at last yippee

bring on the fresh start xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Received a phone call today from Mr Small's secretary @ Sunderland Royal. Provisional date for my op has been set for Friday 17th. September this year!
Amazing that I have been waiting so long for this day to come and now my mind is in turmoil! All of a sudden it's weeks, not months, that my whole life changes for ever. Nervous, apprehensive, hungry!?, certainly no doubts though that this is still the correct way to go. I only have to look in the mirror to remind myself of the size I have become through very little effort over the years! The eating honeymoon is now over, time to get serious over my health. I love life and I am blessed with a beautiful wife and family, I want this to continue on my terms and not my overweight body to dictate my future. Bring on the 10 day fast, shrink my liver and slither my gut Mr Small, I am ready for the the future challenge! - :feedtroll: Paul

Well done on ur provisional date, have u been waiting long ??

All the best - MeJulie xx

aww Paul thats brilliant news im so so pleased for you hun, how long over the 18 weeks has this taken you since being on the waiting list ? Congratulations again im over the moon for you, big huggs, see you and Bev on Saturday WOOHOOO :woohoo:

Hi Julie - first seminar was 17th June last year. Initially went to see my own family doctor just before Easter that year. Seems ages ago now! xx

Hi Liz, thanks for all your support as always. The date brings me up to 3 days before the end of the 26th week!!!!! xx

Hi Liz, thanks for all your support as always. The date brings me up to 3 days before the end of the 26th week!!!!! xx

Right ok cheers for this Paul so i will be looking at November time for mine, i dont mind waiting, i cant wait to catch up at the week end :D

That is brilliant news Paul....

Your new life is so deserved, embrace it with both hands. Awesome news xx

Hi Julie - first seminar was 17th June last year. Initially went to see my own family doctor just before Easter that year. Seems ages ago now! xx

Hello and thank you for replying to my earlier post its most appreciated. :D

We been waiting about the same length of time then, I am due to get my banding done in august, good luck to you anyway.

All the best - MeJulie x x

Back on here at last! I now have my own laptop, so no more waiting to use the computer!!! I got a bit of a shock yesterday when Paul came in and told me about the surgery date, then I was over the moon for him..the jealousy!
I don't see Mr. Balpuri until 27th September then I have to see if he thinks that I am right for surgery, if this is the case and he agrees it will be another 26 weeks or so after this. I was originally 3 months behind Paul, now I think that I am about 8 months behind him...boo hoo! I think that it would have been nice for us to be going through surgery a similar time for more moral support to each other...but alas not meant to be, be we are fortunate to understand what we will be going through at the time, no doubt a few tears...but some really good laughs as well.
I am truly grateful that we are being given what I think is a second chance at life with a much less risk of heart disease, diabeties and everything else that comes with many years of overeating, which I find is very difficult to shift and keep it off, before going back to the overeating cycle once again.

I lost enough weight at my dietician appointment that I didn't need to have a target weight I just have to maintain the loss....much easier said than done when I have so long to wait, I hate the scales because they tell me the weight is creeping back..yet again even though I feel I haven't been too bad lol, who am I kidding ;) so after all this blurb I am really jealous of my husband, but nervous at the change at the same time as well as being excited! I know he will have all the support that he needs from the green eyed monster!!

great news roll on september!

excellent news for you and hubby, id also be jealous if hubby was getting it before me but also really chufty for him!

Back