• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunderland Royal 'Waiting list'

ChefClay

After entering week 13 of my 18 week countdown, found out today from Mr. Small's secretary that the waiting list will now probably be extended from 18 weeks to 26 weeks!! It's like slow torture waiting for this op, at least getting fat was enjoyable!!! Paul xx
icon9.gif

Its a killer isnt it! Im in the same boat and its driving me nutty! Mind you I was nutty to start with....we will get there....eventually lol X

Paul WTF ???? 18 weeks is law atm ? so its gonne be when santa comes 4 me then fook that x

I WILL LOOK IN TO THIS ok x

Last edited:
at this rate i'll be lucky to get it before santa comes in 2011 !!!!!

stick with it paul you might be lucky to get on before they increase it. so much for the extra surgeon bringing the lists down !!!!

we will all get there in the end im sure !!!!

I was told 18 weeks under Northamptonshire PCT which meant my latest date for surgery should have been the first week of april but didn't get done till 13th may.
I think they get round it by giving you an appointment then changing things like how much weight you need to lose pre-op so it looks as if the ball is more in your court than theirs. Thats what happened to me anyway.
Its a real pain in the neck x

Sorry you have to wait so long. I know its a pain waiting but it is well worth the wait

It will soon go by

Jo
xx

yep Paul your right i was talking to Jane today at the hospital, the wait for a bypass is now up to 26 weeks x

i think the tories might have extended the waiting times...... otherwise justliz is right - they will be fined!

It's so unfair when they keep shifting the goal posts all the time. Fingers crossed for all of you that you get your dates sooner. x

I am absolutely devastated!! I know I'm lucky getting on the NHS but I fins this soooo disheartening. I am this size 'cos I eat too much & if I could lose weight without having to resort to surgery I would!! BUT I CAN'T!!
So now I (like those of you in my position) have to lose or at least maintain weight loss we had set months ago to allow us to get to this stage for an extra 2 months!!!
My waiting has already been extended by 7 months after I 'slipped through the net'. Ironic that I could slip thru anything the size of my arse!!!
This is disgusting!!!
What guile's me more is that we would be treat this way if we had alcohol addiction & I know this as I have several family members who are alcoholics!! Only my addiction is food not alcohol!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for my rant & if post has offended anyone but I am truly upset. I off for a cry & a bath now!!!!!!!!!!!

I am absolutely devastated!! I know I'm lucky getting on the NHS but I fins this soooo disheartening. I am this size 'cos I eat too much & if I could lose weight without having to resort to surgery I would!! BUT I CAN'T!!
So now I (like those of you in my position) have to lose or at least maintain weight loss we had set months ago to allow us to get to this stage for an extra 2 months!!!
My waiting has already been extended by 7 months after I 'slipped through the net'. Ironic that I could slip thru anything the size of my arse!!!
This is disgusting!!!
What guile's me more is that we would be treat this way if we had alcohol addiction & I know this as I have several family members who are alcoholics!! Only my addiction is food not alcohol!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for my rant & if post has offended anyone but I am truly upset. I off for a cry & a bath now!!!!!!!!!!!

oh Jacci please dont cry sweetheart, im as gutted as you are hun, pardon the punn, i went with my sister today for a defill she needed with her band, i asked Jane 1 of our bariatric nurses to check out what paul had been told just as extra confirmation, she wasnt aware of this but after her call to admin they confirmed it would "maybe" a 26 week wait, we will have to see when apps are given out, chin up hun the wait be worth it ok my friend x

HELP PLEASE

Hi there first time on here been ready all peoples storys so exciting
I was just wondering i have just been to see the dietican to day who said that she will be having a meeting about me but that the best op is going to be the bypass for me i got my self so excited thinking at least i know what op i,m having then she turns around and says that i might be a good candiate for the consultant theropy to see me first
i was dishearted when she said that has any body else been to see this theropist just i,m feeling a bit down now since she said that
i thought that i would tell the truth and be honest about the way i feel then she says this
sorry for being a pain just it,s a little dishearting when this happens :8855:any info whats so ever will be great thanks

Hi Gail
As you live in Durham area, can I suggest you try and get to the Support Meeting held monthly at Sunderland Royal (Chester Road entrance, Education Centre)
The next one is at 6pm on Thursday 30th September. (Lasts about two hours)
It is a nice, relaxed 'get together' of people at all stages of the WLS process. It is organised by Liz (on this site), who, like all the rest of the members, is extremely helpful & understanding.
If I can be of any further help, please get in touch either on site or at [email protected]
Regards
Paul xx

thank you so much for your reply
yes i think i might get my self a long on the 30 sep
i would find it interesting
thank you

:) Hi Gail, it will be great to meet you on the 30th, we are a patient led support group for Sunderland WLS patients, please feel free to come along and join us for a cuppa and a natter xxx

Hi liz
yes i think i will go on the 30th i will be a little nerves but when the nerves go you wont be able to shut me up
liz have you heard of the dietician transvering you to the theripist consultant just she said that it might happen to me
i told the dietician the truth about me feeling abit down about me weight like any one would
then after talking about surgery (by pass) she started to talk about this theripist i must of sound like a right nutter
thanks

Hi liz
yes i think i will go on the 30th i will be a little nerves but when the nerves go you wont be able to shut me up

:) i shall look forward to meeting you, please come and introduce yourself to me so im aware who you are x
liz have you heard of the dietician transvering you to the theripist consultant just she said that it might happen to me
i told the dietician the truth about me feeling abit down about me weight like any one would
then after talking about surgery (by pass) she started to talk about this theripist i must of sound like a right nutter
thanks

no your not a nutter, lots of people see him before getting the go ahead for surgery, hes very nice and most people usually only need to see him once, because youhave been refered to him doesnt make u mad, they only have your best interests at heart, please dont be alarmed its nothing really to be concerned about x

hiya gail, i had to go and see a guy called tony wells who is a clinical psychologist at srh just to check how i would cope emotionally after surgery if i didn't have food as a back up nowt to do with being a nutter (i fooled them this time moooo haa haa lol!), he was a really nice guy and i was discharged from the service after a brief session with him, obviously everyone is different so it may be a longer session or series of sessions for you, but they know whats best as they have done this umpteen times before so i'd say go with it, don't worry and just be totally honest with whoever you get when an appointment comes through and you'll get there in the end!

rachael

Hi Princess Gail, I'm not sure what you mean by Consultant therapy? What is that exactly? did the dietician explain it to you?

Back