• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

supersize ambulance

not really sure what it acheived or showed us ,apart from sadly showing some people with heart breaking situations and problems ,obese or or not,,really no need to show their homes in chaos and mess,as if that is how all bariatric patients live, i felt it took away their dignity and like others i wish id watched strangeways,as the murderers and rapists seemed to be treated with more care , they get moved from their filthy cells ,not left to rot alone,only good thing was to see the bariatric surgeons ,whom all seemed kind and showed compassion ,sorry if im ranting ,x

Fron the comments here, I am glad I missed it. yet another 'let's laugh at the greedy fat b*stards and ostracise them from mainstream society' prog. GRRRRRRRRR!!

Alex was the chap who underwent surgery with a 2/3 chance of survival. They did not say what was the cause of death. I found the show rather sad, the ambulance crew had quite a lot to contend with but overall appeared professional (but they would on camera) it was a shame that they sat two abreast in the chair, the bag and laid on the stretcher as this could be construed as “look at how fat they are!”. I recall seeing some of the footage (particularity about the Debbie) earlier in the year.

I hope that this does not sound terribly selfish but it made me glad that I took control when I did ~ there were guys on there only a couple of stone heavier than me (when at my heaviest) . . . this really frightened me. Thankfully even at 23st 3lb I had no comorbidities and no problems walking so seeing some of that footage was a shock. Thankfully the show was not just about Thames Bariatric Ambulances (that would have been boring) but looked at some surgery and the lives of supersizers. Did it do supersizers any favours . . . I think not.

If anyone missed the show it is available at : BBC - BBC One Programmes - Super Size Ambulance

Kevin1708 said:
Alex was the chap who underwent surgery with a 2/3 chance of survival. They did not say what was the cause of death. I found the show rather sad, the ambulance crew had quite a lot to contend with but overall appeared professional (but they would on camera) it was a shame that they sat two abreast in the chair, the bag and laid on the stretcher as this could be construed as “look at how fat they are!”. I recall seeing some of the footage (particularity about the Debbie) earlier in the year.

I hope that this does not sound terribly selfish but it made me glad that I took control when I did ~ there were guys on there only a couple of stone heavier than me (when at my heaviest) . . . this really frightened me. Thankfully even at 23st 3lb I had no comorbidities and no problems walking so seeing some of that footage was a shock. Thankfully the show was not just about Thames Bariatric Ambulances (that would have been boring) but looked at some surgery and the lives of supersizers. Did it do supersizers any favours . . . I think not.

If anyone missed the show it is available at : BBC - BBC One Programmes - Super Size Ambulance

Hi kev I agree every thing you say such of showed more about surgery and recovery after surgery I will be having about Christmas time

Not liking those two ambulance men much especially the younger one and the other one would need to watch himself - a coulee of years could see him in his own ambulance !

OMG...thats what me and hubbie said - he is well on the way to piling on those pounds. I was surprised at the whole attitude and that they were permitted to be so disrespectful.

I honestly didnt see him as being nasty but I suppose its all open to inerpretation.

What I did think was yes that was me a few years ago, overweight and still eating junk food.. Like him I didnt think I would never get so fat that I would struggle to do basic things and NEVER would I need surgery!!

Look at me now... thats all I meant by him being naive...

Back