• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Support at Spire Manchester tomorrow night?

I'm driving down from Scotland to go the this support meeting - anyone else going?

Hi Jacquie,
Do you have the times & location of the meeting?
Is it the Spire hosp in Whalley Range?

My hubby is out tomorrow(so no lift) but if I can get there by bus I will
perhaps you have a contact no for the support group so I can check its OK for me to attend-please pm me if you have
cheers,Juliex

Hi Julie
Its 6.30 - 8.30 on Wed (28th). I havent been to any meetings yet, but thought it was a good idea even if its a bit of a trail for me.
The contact I have is Janine on 01612322288
or
Expose Email

Hope this helps
Jacquie

PS yes, its russell road, whalley range, manchester m16 8aj

Hi Jacquie, thats a bit of a trek for you. Can I ask what the point of the meetings are as I've never been to any. Is that because I didn't get my op direct with the Spire?

How are you coping with the new you now??

Hi Andrea

To be honest I'm not really sure what it is going to be like!

I'm just hoping for a chance to meet up with people who are pre-op and post-op and have a good chat!

I have been feeling a bit isolated so thought I would make the effort and see what it's like!

Everything is going well with me, so its not like I really need any help, just a bit of moral support!
I have lost 2 stone as of Sunday (5 weeks post op) so no complaints from me at all!

I had my op through the Landauer group so I was not direct with Spire either. They have a facebook page called Bariatric Spire Manchester and I found an advert for the support meeting on there!

I'll let you know how it goes!

I know that Allie mentioned the three Scottish bypassers getting together for lunch/coffee at sometime, and I would love to do that, just let me know when and where???

Hi Girls i am hoping to go to Manchester on the 4th August for a support meeting there Jacquie don't know if you can hold on until then would be happy to go down with you. I think this meet is at other hospital whereas i had mine in Spire but its about meeting other people for me too so not bothered where the group is. Yes we are def going to get together soon for lunch we just need to find a suitable meeting point xx

Hi Allie

I'm not able manage the 4th I'm afraid, but please let me know when you are next going down and I may well come with you.
Ive already told them I'm coming down tomorrow and have booked a travelodge for the night!
I'm happy to travel down to Glasgow or anywhere really for a meet up!

Hi Allie, Is the meeting you are going to the one at Salford Royal Hospital? If so I am hoping to go so should see you there. Did you say you have an apt. at the Spire if so what time is it. If you don't mind me having the girls with me perhaps we could meet up? I'll PM you.

love

Rebirth xx

Last edited:
Hi Jacquie,

I'm hoping to be at the meeting tomorrow. I'm afraid I haven't got the list of topics to hand. Usually they have a talk on an issue concerning wls. Sometimes it's the dietician, psychologist, consultant or patients.

I'll look out for you and Poppet. I'll PM you with my name etc.

Rebirth

Looking forward to seeing you both!
Love
Jacquie xxx

Back