• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bit of help

mandyl

hi
can anyone give me some experiences of there early days. i realise that evryones different but think it would help.
im having a bit of a prob eating and im worrying about it. i do know that some of its emotional as its a difficult time of year and all the hassle of the last few months. on monday i felt great but as wks gone on i do feel less able to eat and i dont want to go back to where i was. im allowed to experiment with food now and dont have to purree . i seem to get very full very quick which good as it is is also uncomfy. just ate very runny mash and only managed one spoon(size youd eat pudding with)
i have phoned dietician but answerphone and not sure if they are gone for xmas now.
i also feel a bit sicky so not sure if i should take some pills for a bit?
thanks for listening.xx
ps thanks steph for advice this morning hun

Mandy, best advice I can give is to try not to worry. I have days now at almost 4 months out where I can hardly eat anything. Its nice now and then as a reminder that its working properly.

Its still very early days for you hun, and its such a steep learning curve trying to get to grips with which foods go down well. Take each day at a time.

Hope that helps xx

Hi Mandy,

I think it would help if you kept a food diary and to write down each day what you drink and eat and that way you would get a good picture of how things are going with you and experience members would be more able to give some advice looking at the overall picture.

It would also help your surgeon as you could print it off and take it with you to your next appointment.

You could start it now for today and work from here.

Love Mini xxx

brilliant idea mini thankyou.xx

I think thats probably good advice for a lot of people. I can only imagine (being pre op) that from eating nothing to progressing back onto 'normal' food you'll feel like your eating a lot or wonder if your eating the right kinda things...

Good post Mandy, xx

thanks julie.
gonna do that and stick to what i know is ok till after xmas then i can try other things without emotions getting in the way too. feel better already xx

i feel sick alot of the time mandy. dont worry its normal.. i seem to be able to eat more cheese than anything else but if i do have a 'meal' one maybe 2 spoons is all i can do sometimes. xx

Hi Mandy, was thinking about u after ur text the other day and reading some of the posts on here from you the last few days.
I am far from experienced as i am still to be bypassed but have done a bit of research and read loads on here lol.
I think that the probs u r having, feeling sick, light headed and constipation could very well be down to the fact that u r eating so little and nothing really with much nutritional value in it hence this could be the cause of some of ur problems.

You are now 9 weeks post op maybe u should try to come away from the sloppy stage and start introducing some textured food in to ur diet with a much higher protein count and some veg to and that will def help with ur constipation problems.

Buy an exercise book, think i said this to u a few weeks ago lol :):) and keep a daily menu of everything u r eating and if u have any side effects from the foods write it down so u can then remind urself to not try that again for some time, obviously if ur dumping on it then dont try it again at all but then u know ur dumping because ur not really meant to be eating that food lol :)

Try ur best to overcome this barrier of just eating sloppy foods and tiny amounts as soon ur body might just stall as ur not eating enough.
Try maybe once a week to introduce a new food to ur diet, a new colour food and new texture and just keep a note of how ur body reacts.

Make this Christmas be the start of changing thing and so 2010 will be a fab new year for you with so many changes and so much to look forward to.
You have to move forward and start eating enough to nourish urself so u feel good, and if u feel good physically then in turn this will help u feel good emotionally.

Take care Mandy and chat soon luv Roch xxx

hi roch and thanks
dietician phoned me christmas eve and ive got to stay on mushy/sloppy food.
she said mr slater has said im trying to run before i can walk. ive got to consider myself as square one because of the extra op and all the probs ive had. she is calling me on tuesday to help me with the next step. wish i could eat a bit more each time but it just makes me feel uncomfy all day. so she said tiny bit but every few hours. feeling much more positive though cos doing this has made me feel much more comfortable. speak soon hugs xx

It is a very unpredicatable thing eating post bypass as some days you will not feel hungry and others you'll feel like you could a scabby horse between 2 pieces of bread. Some days you'll eat something and love it, the follwoing day just the smell of the same thing will make you sick.

At 7 and half months post op, I eat a wide variety of things now and the only things that I can't eat are bread and pasta, some of this I think is in my head as I had several bad experiences with them and don't want to go there. Try adding one new texture or taste per meal and then that way if you have any reactions you will know whats caused it. Try not to worry about things because as you know emotions are one of the major reasons we either can't eat or food gets stuff.

Hope you had a good christmas x x x x

hi
can anyone give me some experiences of there early days. i realise that evryones different but think it would help.
im having a bit of a prob eating and im worrying about it. i do know that some of its emotional as its a difficult time of year and all the hassle of the last few months. on monday i felt great but as wks gone on i do feel less able to eat and i dont want to go back to where i was. im allowed to experiment with food now and dont have to purree . i seem to get very full very quick which good as it is is also uncomfy. just ate very runny mash and only managed one spoon(size youd eat pudding with)
i have phoned dietician but answerphone and not sure if they are gone for xmas now.
i also feel a bit sicky so not sure if i should take some pills for a bit?
thanks for listening.xx
ps thanks steph for advice this morning hun

Hi Mandy, I also found that pureed makes me feel full very quickly after just a couple of spoons and I'm a month in ... so, try something dry like ryvita crackerbread (its like puffed air) with a bit of marmite or maybe very smooth liver pate (if you like it) or maybe some dry crackers. You can in the early days nibble on a rich tea biscuit don't forget or actually the best thing that I found for a meal when I was feeling a bit crock was some chicken soup. Don't forget to sip drinks (warm water might be nicer)? as it will help break down the gasses.

Julie x

thanks julie
tried crackers etc just make me very uncomfortable.
gonna stick by dietician till tuesday as i feel much better today. xx

glad your feelin a bit better today hun, i agree with everyone else so not much to add really, just follow dr and dietician instructions, eat small and often and sip plenty of fluids, you're doing really well hun well done :D

Back